Documents
Documents
Wiki
Wiki
Discussion Forums
Discussions
Project Information
Project Info
BroadcastCommunity.qnx.com will be offline from May 31 6:00pm until June 2 12:00AM for upcoming system upgrades. For more information please go to https://community.qnx.com/sf/discussion/do/listPosts/projects.bazaar/discussion.bazaar.topc28418
Forum Topic - Neutrino Makefiles: Page 1 of 5 (5 Items)

Neutrino Makefiles  
First of all, when I run hide-gnu.sh as an external tool from within Momentics there are a lot of failed touch commands 
because for some reason it's picking up the "QNX Neutrino" dir as
"QNX" and "Neutrino" dirs. The workaround I've been using is to rename it to something that won't be mistaken (i.e. 
QNX_Neutrino) and then renaming it back ... but, there has to be a better way. I didn't see anything in the script that 
would allow me to do that since it's apparent that QNX and Neutrino are being held in the dir var at different times.

Second, when I try doing a make -j3 (after I do make -j3 hinstall) at the CLI instead of within momentics, I get an 
Error 2 failure (DNDEBUG command not found) which means there's no DNDEBUG env. var. What should I set this to?

Adittionally, I have a multi-core processor and would like to use it to its full potential, so a
make -j3 <target> would be fantastic, but according to the man page, the last -j option is the one used by default. I've
 noticed that each makefile within the Neutrino source uses make -j 1 <targets>  ... is there a special reason for that,
 and is there a way I can change it (if it's safe)?

Last, but not least, the target machine that I'm building for has two processors, an arm7 and an arm9 ... how would I 
cross-compile the Operating System (kernel/procmgr) for the target using momentics or the command line?

That's all I've got for now, thanks in advance for looking at this all ... if I have any more questions I'll be back.

Cheers,
-Aaron