Documents
Documents
Wiki
Wiki
Discussion Forums
Discussions
Project Information
Project Info
BroadcastCommunity.qnx.com will be offline from May 31 6:00pm until June 2 12:00AM for upcoming system upgrades. For more information please go to https://community.qnx.com/sf/discussion/do/listPosts/projects.bazaar/discussion.bazaar.topc28418
Forum Topic - Application Profiler Issue (works but no analysis data): Page 1 of 12 (12 Items)

Application Profiler Issue (works but no analysis data)  
App Profiling Issue

I'm attempting to run the application profiler on a legacy project that is quite large.  I followed the instructions 
provided in the help file and all seems simple enough but I'm encountering a problem.

I can build and debug the app without issues.  The app profiler will run while debugging on the target device, but it 
does not recognize any of the functions in the project and hence does not list them under the "Sampling Information" tab
 in the App Profiler Prescriptive.  It will recognize one or two functions from the shared libraries but that's it.  

I'm using QNX Momentics Development Suite 6.3 which uses IDE 3.0.0.

My only theory about the problem is that I think the app builder does not know the location of the source files.  I 
tried the app builder on a similar but much smaller project and it worked.  The difference is that the non-working 
project has it's source files in a "src" folder off of the workspace root while the working one has the source files on 
the root (in C/C++ Project View).  This path is listed in the "Extra Source Paths" compiler options. I also included the
 "src" folder in the "Additional Source Locations" under the Debug menu "source" tab.  Neither worked.  

Any advice is appreciated.  Thanks.