Documents
Documents
Wiki
Wiki
Discussion Forums
Discussions
Project Information
Project Info
Forum Topic - Getting Cranky: (12 Items)

Getting Cranky  
Hi all.   I hate to sound cranky, but how can I not.   A while ago I had functioning Apache2+PHP+MySQL modules under 
QNX6 that were put together with tape and glue, but they compiled and worked.  Then pgksrc came along, and (silly me)  I
 put all my eggs in one basket and I no longer have this.   The current modules continue to run, but now I need to add 
features to PHP that my version doesn't have.  I think I've posted pretty clearly a serious deficiency in the wrapper 
scripts that prevents me from going forward, and so far this has been met with silence.   I've taken a look at the 
scripts, and they unfortunately are beyond my knowledge of qcc and ksh.   Besides, if I found a way to make them work, 
they probably would break something else.   

So I'd just like to know if I should hold on, or go back to square one.   Pkgsrc will still help me with all the little 
packages that I need, but I'll still have to go back and figure out how to get mod_php working, which means getting non-
pkgsrc source for Apache2 and PHP.   Not a lot of fun, but I think I have to.

Thanks for whatever you can say about this. 
Re: Getting Cranky  
On Fri, Apr 11, 2008 at 11:30:08PM -0400, Mitchell Schoenbrun wrote:
> Hi all.   I hate to sound cranky, but how can I not.   A while ago I had functioning Apache2+PHP+MySQL modules under 
QNX6 that were put together with tape and glue, but they compiled and worked.  Then pgksrc came along, and (silly me)  I
 put all my eggs in one basket and I no longer have this.   The current modules continue to run, but now I need to add 
features to PHP that my version doesn't have.  I think I've posted pretty clearly a serious deficiency in the wrapper 
scripts that prevents me from going forward, and so far this has been met with silence.   I've taken a look at the 
scripts, and they unfortunately are beyond my knowledge of qcc and ksh.   Besides, if I found a way to make them work, 
they probably would break something else.   
> 
> So I'd just like to know if I should hold on, or go back to square one.   Pkgsrc will still help me with all the 
little packages that I need, but I'll still have to go back and figure out how to get mod_php working, which means 
getting non-pkgsrc source for Apache2 and PHP.   Not a lot of fun, but I think I have to.
> 
> Thanks for whatever you can say about this. 

First, I feel your pain (believe me). pkgsrc is still a WIP.  I've been
concentrating on 6.4 so a lot more of this works out of the box.

Second, update your mk/wrapper/transform-qnx-cc and give it a whirl.
This should fix your php5 issue.  Hopefully it doesn't break anything
else...

-seanb
Thanks, here's what happened.

I tried to update transfrom-qnx-cc but I think I am doing something wrong.   Maybe you can give me a hint.  Here is what
 I tried:

$ pwd
/fs/hd1-qnx4/usr/pkgsrc/HEAD/pkgsrc/mk/wrapper

$ svn update --username maschoen http://community.qnx.com/svn/repos/pkgsrc/HEAD/pgksrc/mk/wrapper/transform-qnx-cc
Skipped 'http://community.qnx.com/svn/repos/pkgsrc/HEAD/pgksrc/mk/wrapper/transform-qnx-cc'

I also tried with a --password parameter.

Forget that please, I just remembered to login with my email address.
Sean,

It got a lot further this time, but I'm getting the following error from gcc.

gcc: unrecognized option '-R/usr/pkg/lib' 

This is only found in the config.log file.
On Mon, Apr 28, 2008 at 12:49:09AM -0400, Mitchell Schoenbrun wrote:
> Sean,
> 
>     It got a lot further this time, but I'm getting the following error from gcc.
> 
> gcc: unrecognized option '-R/usr/pkg/lib' 
> 
> This is only found in the config.log file.

That's probably fine if you're using gcc.  The issue
was that gcc throws a warning but continues whereas
qcc errors and stops.

-seanb
I don't understand.   It did stop.
On Mon, Apr 28, 2008 at 10:58:28AM -0400, Mitchell Schoenbrun wrote:
> I don't understand.   It did stop.

For some other reason?  Anything on the
console vs the config.log (I'm assuming
it's getting passed the config phase now)?

-seanb
> For some other reason?  

I think the same reason, the -R, but this came later in the configure than before.

> Anything on the
> console vs the config.log 

The console message was saying that some routine was missing, but this is just the scripts reply to the compile (link) 
failing.   It redirected to the config.log where I saw that the -R option was rejected.

> (I'm assuming it's getting passed the config phase now)?

Nope, it's still in the config phase.

> 
> -seanb

On Mon, Apr 28, 2008 at 12:20:07PM -0400, Mitchell Schoenbrun wrote:
> 
> > For some other reason?  
> 
> I think the same reason, the -R, but this came later in the configure than before.
> 
> > Anything on the
> > console vs the config.log 
> 
> The console message was saying that some routine was missing, but this is just the scripts reply to the compile (link)
 failing.   It redirected to the config.log where I saw that the -R option was rejected.

What routine?

> 
> > (I'm assuming it's getting passed the config phase now)?
> 
> Nope, it's still in the config phase.
> 
> 
> > 
> > -seanb
> 
> 
> 
> 
> _______________________________________________
> General
> http://community.qnx.com/sf/go/post7397
Sean,

I'll post an answer to your question later when I have the
computer in front of me, but I think the point is mute.   The
configure script was testing to see if a routine exists by compiling
and linking a program with it.   Failure of this means that the
routine is not there to the script.   But this is wrong.   It is not
the routine not being there that causes the link to fail, but the -R.
I suppose this might help you track it down however.

Mitchell

Here are the Makefile.php, config.log, and a screen dump of the last text on the console
Attachment: Compressed file php-problem.zip 8.58 KB