Documents
Documents
Wiki
Wiki
Discussion Forums
Discussions
Project Information
Project Info
Forum Topic - I'm seeing popups with 'ctrl-v', etc. to click on to complete keystroke: (4 Items)

I'm seeing popups with 'ctrl-v', etc. to click on to complete keystroke  
I wanted to change QNX Momentics IDE to use Visual Studio (hoping it would do things like ctrl-x to cut, etc, and ctrl-
shift-f to find in files.)

Now when I hit a control key chord, say, ctrl-x to cut, a little overlay in the lower right pops up with what it is, "
Cut", and the key, "ctrl-x".  I HAVE TO CLICK ON IT TO DO THE CUT.

If I go to a field, say, the search box field, and do ctrl-v to paste, it does the exact same thing.

At one time I did ctrl-shift-f to find, and it popped up two different things to choose from.  I suspect this "helpful" 
feature turned on this, but it doesn't go off any more.

I changed the keyset back to default from Microsoft Studio and then also clicked the "reset keys to default" button on 
the dialog, but target remains, Mr. President.  Target remains.

I am pulling my hair out of this "feature" as it gets in the way of key shortcuts by un-shortcutting them by inser oh I 
give up.

How do I actually get rid of it?
Re: I'm seeing popups with 'ctrl-v', etc. to click on to complete keystroke  
tl;dr I hit ctrl-c to copy, and a lil' yellow overlay pops up in the lower right corner of the IDE window.  I have to 
click it to do the copy.

Make it go away so ctrl-c just does copy.
Re: I'm seeing popups with 'ctrl-v', etc. to click on to complete keystroke  
Hi Kevin,

Sorry to hear that you are having trouble. From what you are explaining this unfortunately looks like a bug in Eclipse 
(which Momentics is built upon). Which version of Momentics are you using?

Creating a new workspace should solve all your problems, although that could be a lot of work depending on your 
configuration.

Alternatively, you might have some success with the preference file: <workspace_location>/.metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse
.core.runtime/.settings/org.eclipse.ui.workbench.prefs

It contains all of the custom key bindings you've set (under the key org.eclipse.ui.commands). Have a look into there to
 see if there's anything that stands out (perhaps duplicate entries?) that could be cleaned up.

If you do decided to try and edit this file, before you do so please backup your workspace.

Thanks,
David
RE: I'm seeing popups with 'ctrl-v', etc. to click on to complete keystroke  
Sorry, does not work.  I even deleted everything in that .settings directory, and it still happens after starting.  I 
already have 3 workspaces, and it happens regardless of which I use (the other two I haven't used in months since long 
before this began.)

So it must be some setting independent of workspace settings.

Best Regards,

Kevin

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Tuesday, August 18, 2015 12:44 PM
To: momenticsgs-community
Subject: Re: I'm seeing popups with 'ctrl-v', etc. to click on to complete keystroke

Hi Kevin,

Sorry to hear that you are having trouble. From what you are explaining this unfortunately looks like a bug in Eclipse 
(which Momentics is built upon). Which version of Momentics are you using?

Creating a new workspace should solve all your problems, although that could be a lot of work depending on your 
configuration.

Alternatively, you might have some success with the preference file: <workspace_location>/.metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse
.core.runtime/.settings/org.eclipse.ui.workbench.prefs

It contains all of the custom key bindings you've set (under the key org.eclipse.ui.commands). Have a look into there to
 see if there's anything that stands out (perhaps duplicate entries?) that could be cleaned up.

If you do decided to try and edit this file, before you do so please backup your workspace.

Thanks,
David

QNX Momentics Getting Started
http://community.qnx.com/sf/go/post114290
To cancel your subscription to this discussion, please e-mail momenticsgs-community-unsubscribe@community.qnx.com

Nothing in this message is intended to constitute an electronic signature unless a specific statement to the contrary is
 included in this message.

Confidentiality Note: This message is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed. It may contain 
confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, transmission, dissemination or other use, or taking of any action 
in reliance upon this message by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited and may be unlawful
. If you received this message in error, please contact the sender and delete it from your computer.