Documents
Documents
Wiki
Wiki
Discussion Forums
Discussions
Project Information
Project Info
Forum Topic - QNX 6.5.0 Corrupted File System (ALWAYS): (3 Items)

QNX 6.5.0 Corrupted File System (ALWAYS)  
Hello, 
I'm new to the forum and I thought I posted this already but I don't see my post added to the list, so hopefully this is
 not a duplicate.  I'm desperately trying to just create a QNX partition on a hard drive but I always get "Corrupted 
file system detected".  I've installed the QNX SDP 6.5.0 on my x86 Advantech PCM-9389 onto the primary SATA hard drive 
via the SATA CDROM.  I replace the CDROM with a new SATA hard drive. Then observe the new drive is mounted on /dev/hd1. 
 Then I:
1) fdisk -z /dev/hd1 to zero the partition table and enter interactive mode.
2) I change partition 1 to type 79, start at cyl 0, end at 4799, set the partition bootable, save, quit.
3) mount -e /dev/hd1
4) fdisk /dev/hd1 show  this shows the drive as expected:
QNX type 79 start cyl 0 end 4799 size 37652 MB  * (bootable)
5) I restart the system via "shutdown" command expecting QNX to automatically detect the new drive and partition and 
mount it for me.
6) I see "mount: Can't mount /fs/hd1-qnx4 (type qnx4)"
             "mount: possible reason Corrupted file system detected"
I have also tried manually mounting  after step 4 via "mount -t qnx4 /dev/hd1t79 /fs/hd1" and I get the same error as in
 step 6.

Please help and my apologies if this is a duplicate post.  Thanks,
Eric Franz
Re: QNX 6.5.0 Corrupted File System (ALWAYS)  
You must run dinit on the partition. You will see a /dev/hd1t79 which is the partition device.

Sent from my BlackBerry 10 smartphone on the Rogers network.
Sent: Monday, August 26, 2013 11:01 PM
To: momenticsgs-community
Reply To: momenticsgs-community@community.qnx.com
Cc: ricanz@san.rr.com; ricanz58@yahoo.com
Subject: QNX 6.5.0 Corrupted File System (ALWAYS)

Hello,
I'm new to the forum and I thought I posted this already but I don't see my post added to the list, so hopefully this is
 not a duplicate.  I'm desperately trying to just create a QNX partition on a hard drive but I always get "Corrupted 
file system detected".  I've installed the QNX SDP 6.5.0 on my x86 Advantech PCM-9389 onto the primary SATA hard drive 
via the SATA CDROM.  I replace the CDROM with a new SATA hard drive. Then observe the new drive is mounted on /dev/hd1. 
 Then I:
1) fdisk -z /dev/hd1 to zero the partition table and enter interactive mode.
2) I change partition 1 to type 79, start at cyl 0, end at 4799, set the partition bootable, save, quit.
3) mount -e /dev/hd1
4) fdisk /dev/hd1 show  this shows the drive as expected:
QNX type 79 start cyl 0 end 4799 size 37652 MB  * (bootable)
5) I restart the system via "shutdown" command expecting QNX to automatically detect the new drive and partition and 
mount it for me.
6) I see "mount: Can't mount /fs/hd1-qnx4 (type qnx4)"
             "mount: possible reason Corrupted file system detected"
I have also tried manually mounting  after step 4 via "mount -t qnx4 /dev/hd1t79 /fs/hd1" and I get the same error as in
 step 6.

Please help and my apologies if this is a duplicate post.  Thanks,
Eric Franz

QNX Momentics Getting Started
http://community.qnx.com/sf/go/post104544
To cancel your subscription to this discussion, please e-mail momenticsgs-community-unsubscribe@community.qnx.com
Attachment: HTML sf-attachment-mime17002 4.17 KB
Re: QNX 6.5.0 Corrupted File System (ALWAYS)  
Thanks, that worked.  Very grateful for your quick reply!
Eric