Documents
Documents
Wiki
Wiki
Discussion Forums
Discussions
Project Information
Project Info
Forum Topic - QNXv6.4.1 instalaation fails when you update the disk drivers devb-brmm provided with the installation.: (3 Items)

QNXv6.4.1 instalaation fails when you update the disk drivers devb-brmm provided with the installation.  
Hi,
I am trying to install QNXv6.4.1 on compact flash on an Intel atom platform.
There is a BusLogic SCSI controller driver update provided with the installation (mentioned in the release notes) i.e., 

included in the installation ISO image.
To install this driver we need to update the driver: The steps are mentioned below
1.	Boot from the installation CD. 
2.	On seeing the initial “Press space for options” message, press the  space bar. 
3.	Choose to apply the driver update (F2). 
4.	Follow the instructions on the screen using /fs/cd0 (i.e. the installation media) as the source. 
 Once the driver is updated the installation creates an updated boot image which includes the devb-btmm driver. During 
this phase of the installation i get the following error:
REBUILDING BOOT IMAGE /hdisk/boot/build/qnxbase-drvup.build
Line 5: Host file ’bios.boot’ not available.
/qnxbase/bin/mkifs: failed (6979597 256)

This is a problem even if i try to update a SATA driver which we have developed. The SATA driver update works fine witn 

QNX v6.4.0 with thr same set up.
 Has somebody seen this issue? Is there any workaround for this?

Regards,
Nagaraj.
Re: QNXv6.4.1 instalaation fails when you update the disk drivers devb-brmm provided with the installation.  
> I am trying to install QNXv6.4.1 on compact flash on an Intel atom platform.

You are installing from CD you say. However, the CD isn't meant to be installed on an Embedded system. Although it would
 be great to have such a CD for easy installation, it doesn't exist. The CD that does exist is only for 'self-hosted' 
development, e.g. if you are developing QNX code right under QNX, or to use as a life-CD to test hardware compatibility.

For your system, I suggest you create a IFS (Image File System = file that contains the OS and some basic drivers) on a 
different machine, could even be a Windows machine, using QNX Momentics Tool Suite. Include the necessary driver in your
 IFS.

- Malte
Re: QNXv6.4.1 instalaation fails when you update the disk drivers devb-brmm provided with the installation.  
Hi Malte,
Thank you for the reply. The box i am using is not an embedded board. It also has SATA drive connected. The installation
 on the SATA drive also fails when you update the disk driver during installation.

I am doubting the installer since QNX6.4.0 also comes with the disk driver devb-btmm. There is no problem with QNXv6.4.0
 i.e. updating disk driver during QNXv6.4.0 installation goes through fine and installation completes with the updated 
disk driver without any problems.

I also tried to install QNXv6.4.1 on one of the desktop (Intel core2 duo) with the driver update during installation 
which also fails.

Because of the above mentioned reasons i think it might be a installer problem.

Please let me know if i can try something from my side.
Regards,
Nagaraj