Documents
Documents
Wiki
Wiki
Discussion Forums
Discussions
Project Information
Project Info
Forum Topic - Valgrind on QNX & QualCOMM snapdragon: (4 Items)

Valgrind on QNX & QualCOMM snapdragon  
Hardware(QDrive): QualCOMM Snapdragon ride platform
QNX: SDK 11.1

Is it possible to run valgrind as a command without using Momentics IDE? Basically our application is crashing in 
initialization 
itself if we run through Momentics[We are talking to the appropriate team to fix this. Even simple programs is not 
working]. So for now, What we basically do is copy our executable to the QDrive through WinSCP and execute through 
command prompt using telnet to that QDrive IP. We've QNX SDK 11.1 on our QDrive. If we enter valgrind command, its not 
able to find.

# valgrind
sh: valgrind: cannot execute - No such file or directory

What is the correct way of using Valgrind tool  without using Momentics IDE? Do we need to re-build QNX SDK with certain
 option when configure/build to include valgrind? If so, Can you please specify. 

We download QNX SDK from https://chipcode.qti.qualcomm.com/
Currently using sa8540p-qx-1-0_hlos_dev_qnx/tree/r00011.1a.502856.3 SDK.

Note:
Please let me know if it is not the right  forum to ask questions about valgrind tool and point me to the appropriate 
forum. 
Re: Valgrind on QNX & QualCOMM snapdragon  
The command line options are described on http://www.qnx.com/developers/docs/7.1/#com.qnx.doc.neutrino.utilities/topic/v
/valgrind.html

but you will first need to copy the architecture specific files from the QSC package onto your system.
com.qnx.qnx710.target.utils.valgrind
Thank you for the support. I've copied architecture specific valgrind libs and binaries to QDrive and set the 
LD_LIBRARY_PATH and VALGRIND_LIB path. Now Valgrind is working. 
I could able to run small applications with valgrind and it detects memory leak and double free perfectly. 
But when I run my application, Hardware which has QNX OS [QDrive] itself is crashing.

I just used  --leak-check=full option. is there any way to collect valgrind logs or why is it happening?
when I run my application, Hardware which has QNX OS [QDrive] itself is crashing when I use --leak-check=full option. If
 I use --leak-check=summary, its working. Is there anyway to find why valgrind is not working with full option? I need 
to find memory leak in child processes also. In order to use --track-children=yes , Do we need to use full option not 
summary?