Project Home
Project Home
Wiki
Wiki
Discussion Forums
Discussions
Project Information
Project Info
BroadcastCommunity.qnx.com will be offline from May 31 6:00pm until June 2 12:00AM for upcoming system upgrades. For more information please go to https://community.qnx.com/sf/discussion/do/listPosts/projects.bazaar/discussion.bazaar.topc28418
Forum Topic - ftpd: DNS lookup & anonymous lookup: Page 1 of 14 (14 Items)

ftpd: DNS lookup & anonymous lookup  
When I connect to the QNX ftp server it takes 20 seconds before I get the login prompt.  Looking at the network trace I 
see it is trying to look up the client's DNS name.  Looking at the ftp documentation and code I see now way to turn this
 off.  Is there a way to turn this off?

We are moving to qnx but need the option of being backward compatible with our old systems.  One of the things we need 
to support is ftp login to a guest account without a user name, and no password prompt.    Looking at the documentation 
& code I see this isn't a current option.  When I try it I get the error:
"500 'USER ':command not understood".
Wanting to see how much of a change it would be to support this I tried changing cmdtab[] in file ftpcmd.y to list USER 
as a ZSTR1, but I still get the same error and don't make it to the user() in ftpd.c (where other changes would be 
needed).  Is there some other location that needs to be changed to let the request make it to user() in ftpd.c?  Is 
there any plan to add a configuration parameter to allow an empty user name login?