Project Home
Project Home
Wiki
Wiki
Discussion Forums
Discussions
Project Information
Project Info
Forum Topic - io-net npm-tcpip-v4.so hanging: (3 Items)

io-net npm-tcpip-v4.so hanging  
Hey all,

I'm looking for a little bit of help in at least understanding why the below issue is occurring.

Over the past several months, we have been experiencing an issue where io-net (at least the TCP/IP portion) would hang 
up and stop forwarding TCP/IP packets.  More specifically

* Programs attempting to query the state of TCP/IP (netstat, ifconfig) would hang up, REPLY-blocked
 * Programs attempting to connect to the server via TCP/IP (telnet/ssh) would fail to illicit any response (Rob/Jim 
please confirm exactly what happens here?)
 * The machine will sometimes still respond to ping (ICMP) but other times will not respond (Rob/Jim, any more details 
on this?)
 * QNX Native networking continues to work correctly
 * A slay & restart of io-net resolves the issue completely - TCP/IP resumes normal operation

I have confirmed that in every instance, we're running npm-tcpip-v4.so from QNX6.3.0SP3, which has a size of 299788 
bytes and an MD5: e89befdbd09d6ce7bc3134bb5afd2ec7

I am wondering, has anyone else experienced a problem with the TCP/IP stack similar to this?  And is there a newer 
version of npm-tcpip-v4.so that purports to fix this issue?

Thanks in advance,

James
Re: io-net npm-tcpip-v4.so hanging  
I should probably have mentioned, we're running QNX 6.3.0 SP3 (according to /etc/qversion).  There is really no easy 
upgrade path to 6.4 for us, I know that 6.4 utilises io-pkt instead of io-net and is quite possibly more reliable, but 
porting our code-base to 6.4 is a big task.
Re: io-net npm-tcpip-v4.so hanging  
When starting io-net, is there a way to load the tcp-ip protocol in "debug mode" or with a verbosity argument like -
vvvvv?

e.g. 
io-net -p tcpip vvvvv