Project Home
Project Home
Wiki
Wiki
Discussion Forums
Discussions
Project Information
Project Info
BroadcastCommunity.qnx.com will be offline from May 31 6:00pm until June 2 12:00AM for upcoming system upgrades. For more information please go to https://community.qnx.com/sf/discussion/do/listPosts/projects.bazaar/discussion.bazaar.topc28418
Forum Topic - Upgrading core_networking from Rev 151 to the latest: Page 1 of 5 (5 Items)

Upgrading core_networking from Rev 151 to the latest  
Hello, 

We have been using io-pkt for a while, and now it is time to look for an integration with the latest release build; I 
have also tried and encounter some problems, here are my questions:

1. Is Milestone 3 the latest stable release? what about M5 and M6?

2. What is the revision number for M3? is it Rev.468? 

3. I have downloaded M3 and trunk #468; and have compiled my code with minor modification, the compilation went through;
 I also loaded all the libs and executable onto the target and have then correctly pointed; here is the running result 
while my program trying to call l2_packet_init() :
pcap_open_live: BIOCSETIF: ath0: Invalid argument
ifname='ath0'

it seems like interface ath0 has not been attached; but I dont know why and how;
could anyone lend a hand?

4. I did not rebuild the network stack as I dont have debug port on my board so I have to ship it back to our customer 
for re-flashing, pls. let me know if re-build and re-flashing is necessary; ?

5. I'd also like to know if there are big changes regarding interface and/or architecture from Rev151 to Rev468 that 
will effect the old code; 

6. And your suggestion to pursuit this upgrading; (my code includes wpa_supplicant and a manager program running on top 
of it)

I'd appreciate any input/help;
Regards,
Shannon