Project Home
Project Home
Wiki
Wiki
Discussion Forums
Discussions
Project Information
Project Info
Forum Topic - inetd won't start: (1 Item)

inetd won't start  
I'm having a problem with getting inetd to start on my SabreLite arm target.  I hope someone can help.

A colleague as set up Momentics to build a bootable image for the board that works perfectly.  He used the Team Share 
facility to check the whole BSP project into our SVN server.  I then checked this out and attempted to build it myself. 
 What my PC creates is bootable on the target and is nearly working find... I can start up our application which uses 
the network interface, I can use Momentics to connect via the network to view the processes and download new code, but I
 can't use FTP or TELNET to talk to the target because the inetd server hasn't started up.

If I try to start inetd from the command line, with the diagnostic "-d" option, nothing happens.  No error messages, no 
diagnostics, nothing is logged to slogger.  I simply don't get an inetd process in the process table.

The /etc/inet.conf, /etc/passwd etc files are identical to when my colleague builds the image.  It just doesn't want to 
work for me.

Any ideas?