Project Home
Project Home
Wiki
Wiki
Discussion Forums
Discussions
Project Information
Project Info
Forum Topic - Compilation warnings while include <io-pkt/iopkt_driver.h>: (2 Items)

Compilation warnings while include <io-pkt/iopkt_driver.h>  
Hi,

I have compiled the network driver with the compilation flags -DKERNEL and -Wshadow(Mandatory flag).

In my c file i included <io-pkt/iopkt_driver.h>.

But i m getting the below warnings.

Please tell me how to resolve the warnings.

In file included from C:/QNX641/target/qnx6/usr/include/io-pkt/sys/systm.h:328,
                 from C:/QNX641/target/qnx6/usr/include/io-pkt/iopkt_driver.h:35,
                 from ./includes/pedriver.h:20,
                 from src/pedriver.c:17:
C:/QNX641/target/qnx6/usr/include/io-pkt/lib/libkern/libkern.h:82: warning: declaration of 'abs' shadows a built-in 
function
C:/QNX641/target/qnx6/usr/include/io-pkt/lib/libkern/libkern.h:84: warning: declaration of 'isspace' shadows a built-in 
function
C:/QNX641/target/qnx6/usr/include/io-pkt/lib/libkern/libkern.h:85: warning: declaration of 'isascii' shadows a built-in 
function
C:/QNX641/target/qnx6/usr/include/io-pkt/lib/libkern/libkern.h:86: warning: declaration of 'isupper' shadows a built-in 
function
C:/QNX641/target/qnx6/usr/include/io-pkt/lib/libkern/libkern.h:87: warning: declaration of 'islower' shadows a built-in 
function
C:/QNX641/target/qnx6/usr/include/io-pkt/lib/libkern/libkern.h:88: warning: declaration of 'isalpha' shadows a built-in 
function
C:/QNX641/target/qnx6/usr/include/io-pkt/lib/libkern/libkern.h:89: warning: declaration of 'isdigit' shadows a built-in 
function
C:/QNX641/target/qnx6/usr/include/io-pkt/lib/libkern/libkern.h:90: warning: declaration of 'isxdigit' shadows a built-in
 function
C:/QNX641/target/qnx6/usr/include/io-pkt/lib/libkern/libkern.h:91: warning: declaration of 'toupper' shadows a built-in 
function
C:/QNX641/target/qnx6/usr/include/io-pkt/lib/libkern/libkern.h:92: warning: declaration of 'tolower' shadows a built-in 
function

Thanks and Regards
K.Senthil
Re: Compilation warnings while include <io-pkt/iopkt_driver.h>  
On Sat, Dec 12, 2009 at 05:11:44AM -0500, Senthil K wrote:
> Hi,
> 
> I have compiled the network driver with the compilation flags -DKERNEL and -Wshadow(Mandatory flag).
> 
> In my c file i included <io-pkt/iopkt_driver.h>.
> 
> But i m getting the below warnings.
> 
> Please tell me how to resolve the warnings.
> 

We don't compile our stuff with that flag so that's an unsupported
configuration.  To get rid of it you'll have to:

- turn off that flag.
- edit libkern.h
- gcc has various -fno-builtin-* options.  Check the gcc docs
  to see if there's ones for the functions in question here.

Regards,

-seanb