Documents
Documents
Wiki
Wiki
Discussion Forums
Discussions
Project Information
Project Info
Forum Topic - secure qconn connection?: (2 Items)

secure qconn connection?  
Recently I discussed with a customer who thought of leaving qconn on his target to remote-analyze it in the field. 
However he does not want 'anyone' to access the target, thus he somehow wants to secure qconn.

Is there a possibility to have an authentication mechanism in qconn? Can qconn use SSL? I guess if it would, you would 
need to modify the source, or not? Or is it possible with some SSL or similar too, to set up an encrypted port? qconn 
could use it, and you would configure the IDE to use it too, or something like this...

Thoughts?

- Malte
Re: secure qconn connection?  
Can they also use firewall on target? If yes qconn can be left running as usually but firewall should block incoming 
outside connections to all ports except what they need
plus 22 (ssh) and they run ssh daemon. To open qconn connection from host they should create ssh session with port 
forwarding which would forward local host 8000 to remove port 8000.
In this case target in IDE would be like localhost:8000 and will exists while forwarding session exists.
This is strictly theoretical I did not try this myself.

Malte Mundt wrote:
> Recently I discussed with a customer who thought of leaving qconn on his target to remote-analyze it in the field. 
However he does not want 'anyone' to access the target, thus he somehow wants to secure qconn.
> 
> Is there a possibility to have an authentication mechanism in qconn? Can qconn use SSL? I guess if it would, you would
 need to modify the source, or not? Or is it possible with some SSL or similar too, to set up an encrypted port? qconn 
could use it, and you would configure the IDE to use it too, or something like this...
> 
> Thoughts?
> 
> 
> - Malte
> 
> _______________________________________________
> General
> http://community.qnx.com/sf/go/post33183
>