Documents
Documents
Wiki
Wiki
Discussion Forums
Discussions
Project Information
Project Info
Forum Topic - Expected QNX C++ project file compatibilty between Momentics 4.01 and 4.5? Anyone tried the QNX extensions within Ganymede?: (5 Items)

Expected QNX C++ project file compatibilty between Momentics 4.01 and 4.5? Anyone tried the QNX extensions within Ganymede?  
At the moment I'm using Momentics 4.01 for my QNX projects. But I would like to use the improved C++ indexer of the 
newer CDTs. Is it possible to use the same QNX C++ project files within Momentics 4.01 and 4.5? Are there any areas 
where I should expect some incompatibility issues?

I would like to stick with the other development tools from Momentics 4.01, e.g. gcc 3.3.5, for the next time.

When I'm already changing my development environment:
May I use Ganymede (to be released today) with the additional QNX features/plugins for 4.5? 

Is it reasonable to get and install Ganymede and then use the QNX update site to install the QNX features of the IDE?

Has anybody tried some of the RC of Ganymede with QNX?

Thanks in advance
Christian
Re: Expected QNX C++ project file compatibilty between Momentics 4.01 and 4.5? Anyone tried the QNX extensions within Ganymede?  
Christian Leutloff wrote:
> At the moment I'm using Momentics 4.01 for my QNX projects. But I would like to use the improved C++ indexer of the 
newer CDTs. Is it possible to use the same QNX C++ project files within Momentics 4.01 and 4.5? Are there any areas 
>    
It depends on which types of project you are  using now. In the latest 
build there are still some  problems with regular make project. QNX 
project and MBS project types should work well. And I don't think 
(admittedly, I didn't try) that 4.5 violates backward compatibility, at 
least for QNX project and, for regular make project after its  
stabilizing. .

> I would like to stick with the other development tools from Momentics 4.01, e.g. gcc 3.3.5, for the next time.
>    
Standard installation of Momentix 6.4 doesn't include compilers other 
than 4.2.x. But Ide should work with older Momentics installation  as 
well. However, officially we do not support older compilers any more.
> When I'm already changing my development environment:
> May I use Ganymede (to be released today) with the additional QNX features/plugins for 4.5?
>    
I think it shoud work. But it doesn't make a big sense because you 
cannot  use CDT 5.0  which was delivered as a part of Ganimede.
> Is it reasonable to get and install Ganymede and then use the QNX update site to install the QNX features of the IDE?
>
> Has anybody tried some of the RC of Ganymede with QNX?
>
> Thanks in advance
> Christian
>
> _______________________________________________
> General
> http://community.qnx.com/sf/go/post9646
>
>    

Re: Expected QNX C++ project file compatibilty between Momentics 4.01 and 4.5? Anyone tried the QNX extensions within Ganymede?  
You are interested in CDT 5.0 right? You can install new IDE 4.5 but it 
is based on CDT 4.0.3. Since CDT usually does not care much about 
backward compatibility using CDT 5.0 with IDE 4.5 won't work because of 
API's incompatibilities :(

> At the moment I'm using Momentics 4.01 for my QNX projects. But I would like to use the improved C++ indexer of the 
>
> I would like to stick with the other development tools from Momentics 4.01, e.g. gcc 3.3.5, for the next time.
>
> When I'm already changing my development environment:
> May I use Ganymede (to be released today) with the additional QNX features/plugins for 4.5? 
>
> Is it reasonable to get and install Ganymede and then use the QNX update site to install the QNX features of the IDE?
>
> Has anybody tried some of the RC of Ganymede with QNX?
>
> Thanks in advance
> Christian
>
> General
> http://community.qnx.com/sf/go/post9646
>
>   
> You are interested in CDT 5.0 right?

sure. CDT 5.0 has some additional features increasing productivity ;-)

> You can install new IDE 4.5 but it 
> is based on CDT 4.0.3. Since CDT usually does not care much about 
> backward compatibility using CDT 5.0 with IDE 4.5 won't work because of 
> API's incompatibilities :(

I am aware that CDT 5 is build on the next Eclipse platform (comparing to CDT 4). But you mean that the APIs for the QNX
 IDE tools using parts or hooks in CDT have changed, too? Argh.

In my ideal world I could install and use the newest Eclipse platform with the latest CDT. Afterwards I can install the 
QNX IDE tools.

In this ideal world I would be able to open an "old" workspace with the latest IDE and build it using the "old" binutils
/compiler to be able to make bug fixes at minimal risk.

The same IDE would use in "new" workspaces newer binutils/compiler (as selected by the user) ...

Is there a chance to see the QNX specific bits for Eclipse 3.4/CDT 5(Ganymede) in the near future? 

You can install IDE 4.5 (exprimental) now and use it with 6.3.2 
momentics installation
We do plan to use latest cdt in the future releases.

>> You are interested in CDT 5.0 right?
>>     
>
> sure. CDT 5.0 has some additional features increasing productivity ;-)
>
>   
>> You can install new IDE 4.5 but it 
>> is based on CDT 4.0.3. Since CDT usually does not care much about 
>> backward compatibility using CDT 5.0 with IDE 4.5 won't work because of 
>> API's incompatibilities :(
>>     
>
> I am aware that CDT 5 is build on the next Eclipse platform (comparing to CDT 4). But you mean that the APIs for the 
QNX IDE tools using parts or hooks in CDT have changed, too? Argh.
>
> In my ideal world I could install and use the newest Eclipse platform with the latest CDT. Afterwards I can install 
the QNX IDE tools.
>
> In this ideal world I would be able to open an "old" workspace with the latest IDE and build it using the "old" 
binutils/compiler to be able to make bug fixes at minimal risk.
>
> The same IDE would use in "new" workspaces newer binutils/compiler (as selected by the user) ...
>
>
> Is there a chance to see the QNX specific bits for Eclipse 3.4/CDT 5(Ganymede) in the near future? 
>
>
>
>
> General
> http://community.qnx.com/sf/go/post9668
>
>