Documents
Documents
Wiki
Wiki
Discussion Forums
Discussions
Project Information
Project Info
Forum Topic - GCC Intrinsics and function instrumentation profiling leading to unkwon symbols: (3 Items)

GCC Intrinsics and function instrumentation profiling leading to unkwon symbols  
Hi all,

For optimization reasons I am using gcc SIMD intel intrinsics such as mm_load_pd, mm_mul_pd, ... Everything works fine 
until profiling comes into play.

At least function instrumentation results in "unknown symbols" for all of those intrinsics. However, I need to check 
execution times of functions in libraries which make use of the intrinsics.

Any idea how to resolve this problem?

Thanks a lot for help,
Andy
Re: GCC Intrinsics and function instrumentation profiling leading to unkwon symbols  
I am not sure why profiling would make it not find these symbols. Did 
you compare compiler/linker options between these two builds?

On 13-02-11 07:14 AM, Andreas Beschorner wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> For optimization reasons I am using gcc SIMD intel intrinsics such as mm_load_pd, mm_mul_pd, ... Everything works fine
 until profiling comes into play.
>
> At least function instrumentation results in "unknown symbols" for all of those intrinsics. However, I need to check 
execution times of functions in libraries which make use of the intrinsics.
>
> Any idea how to resolve this problem?
>
> Thanks a lot for help,
> Andy
>
>
>
>
> _______________________________________________
>
> General
> http://community.qnx.com/sf/go/post99197
> To cancel your subscription to this discussion, please e-mail general-ide-unsubscribe@community.qnx.com

Re: GCC Intrinsics and function instrumentation profiling leading to unkwon symbols  
Greetings,

yes, all settings are basically the same and I also set all compiler options necessary for the intrinsics to be compiled
 (-DHAVE_SSE2, -mfpmath=sse, -msse4.1, ...). The linker itself does, afaik, not need any specific options, or am I wrong
 here?

I have no idea either why it does not find the symbols, but if you want I can give you a screenshot.

Best regards,
Andy