Documents
Documents
Wiki
Wiki
Discussion Forums
Discussions
Project Information
Project Info
Forum Topic - GDB Issue + Postmortem debugging issue: (1 Item)

GDB Issue + Postmortem debugging issue  
Installed GDB 7.3 over the current one in SDP 6.5.0 on my Linux VM used for development.

First issue:

I always get this error when launching GDB from the command line:

ntoarm-gdb test4 test4.core 
Could not find platform independent libraries <prefix>
Could not find platform dependent libraries <exec_prefix>
Consider setting $PYTHONHOME to <prefix>[:<exec_prefix>]
'import site' failed; use -v for traceback
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<string>", line 1, in <module>
ImportError: No module named os
GNU gdb (GDB) 7.3 qnx (rev. 609)

It doesn't prevent the debugger from working but is annoying and I'd like to resolve it if possible. It's related to the
 python tie-in of gdb but python is installed on my machine but gdb doesn't seem to see it to generate these errors. 
That env variable also doesn't exist and I haven't been able to find what exactly it should look like if it's required.

---

Second Issue:

The second issue is related to postmortem debugging in the IDE. Even though I have set the proper paths in .gdbinit, the
 debugger always spits out these warnings when loading a core file against its binary:

warning: Host file /opt/qnx650/target/qnx6/armle-v7/usr/lib/libmq.so.1 does not match target file libmq.so.1.

warning: Host file /opt/qnx650/target/qnx6/armle-v7/lib/libc.so.3 does not match target file libc.so.3.

warning: Could not load shared library symbols for libnspinoverride.so.
Do you need "set solib-search-path" or "set sysroot"?
Reading symbols from /mnt/development/test4/arm/o.le.v7/test4...done.
[New pid 57786387 tid 1]
Program terminated with signal 11, Segmentation fault.

But the symbols are all loaded without an issue. It's as if it ignores the paths provided in the .gdbinit file to 
compare the libraries or to find them but still does find them and load them properly

---

Thanks

David