Documents
Documents
Wiki
Wiki
Discussion Forums
Discussions
Project Information
Project Info
Forum Topic - Very sorry for a previous post to this forum concering the IDE: (2 Items)

Very sorry for a previous post to this forum concering the IDE  
I want to apologize very much for my post to the forum yesterday about the QNX IDE and documentation.
I was trying to adapt my base-line code to  build and avail myself the IDE's robust code support tools that enable 
seeing the code hierarchy, trace detailed call trees, find functions, and see function and variable definitions.

What I said, in terms of comments about the IDE and the QNX's documentation were totally out of order, unprofessional, 
and entirely unacceptable.

I have no excuses to offer regarding what I posted on the QNX forum.  I was building successfully from the command line 
and when adapting it to the IDE, I was having some use issues that I couldn't easily resolve.  So, yes I was frustrated,
 and my comments were borne out of that, but it was an over-reaction and upon consideration I am deeply sorry for any 
offense I gave to QNX and Teleca.  

I should have used better judgment and been much more careful in openly communicating with the QNX community, and 
promise, in future, to be sensitive and professional in my verbal demeanor.

I hope everyone will accept my sincerest apology for any hurt and misstatements I may have made, it was a huge mistake 
on my part
RE: Very sorry for a previous post to this forum concering the IDE  
If you find out what the problem was, and there's something that we could add to the docs to help others avoid it, 
please let us know.

Steve Reid (stever@qnx.com)
Technical Editor
QNX Software Systems

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Friday, February 10, 2012 12:52 PM
To: general-ide
Subject: Very sorry for a previous post to this forum concering the IDE

I want to apologize very much for my post to the forum yesterday about the QNX IDE and documentation.
I was trying to adapt my base-line code to  build and avail myself the IDE's robust code support tools that enable 
seeing the code hierarchy, trace detailed call trees, find functions, and see function and variable definitions.

What I said, in terms of comments about the IDE and the QNX's documentation were totally out of order, unprofessional, 
and entirely unacceptable.

I have no excuses to offer regarding what I posted on the QNX forum.  I was building successfully from the command line 
and when adapting it to the IDE, I was having some use issues that I couldn't easily resolve.  So, yes I was frustrated,
 and my comments were borne out of that, but it was an over-reaction and upon consideration I am deeply sorry for any 
offense I gave to QNX and Teleca.  

I should have used better judgment and been much more careful in openly communicating with the QNX community, and 
promise, in future, to be sensitive and professional in my verbal demeanor.

I hope everyone will accept my sincerest apology for any hurt and misstatements I may have made, it was a huge mistake 
on my part

General
http://community.qnx.com/sf/go/post91484