Documents
Documents
Wiki
Wiki
Discussion Forums
Discussions
Project Information
Project Info
Forum Topic - Adding files to an existing BSP using the IDE: (6 Items)

Adding files to an existing BSP using the IDE  
I have an existing BSP with folders and files.  It builds under my project.  I want to add to the BSP a folder with some
 files in it.  I add the folder (with files) to the BSP and do a 'Build Project'.  The compiler doesn't see my files.  
They're not included in the build.  I've proved it by inducing compile errors.  I've tried using the project 'Import...'
 and import my files into the project.  Same result.  The compiler isn't picking up my files to compile.  Can someone 
please advise?
Re: Adding files to an existing BSP using the IDE  
BSP project is the source project which has file to produce an executable? Does this project have makefile?

On 01/20/2012 02:04 PM, Ralph Sweitzer wrote:
> I have an existing BSP with folders and files.  It builds under my project.  I want to add to the BSP a folder with 
some files in it.  I add the folder (with files) to the BSP and do a 'Build Project'.  The compiler doesn't see my files
.  They're not included in the build.  I've proved it by inducing compile errors.  I've tried using the project 'Import.
..' and import my files into the project.  Same result.  The compiler isn't picking up my files to compile.  Can someone
 please advise?
> 
> 
> 
> _______________________________________________
> 
> General
> http://community.qnx.com/sf/go/post91054
> 
twice click on the project.bld file. On the right side of the IDE, you will see a list-panel which name is filesystem 
where you can a folders and files. 

But to see the file system you should click on image file which can be seen left side of filesystem panel. 

Then go to file system, panel and expand it. you will see some folder there to create one right click on the "./" and 
click on add item where you will see image directory. This enables you to create a folder. Then go on created folder and
 right click to it to add file inside of it. Then build the project.  
What type of project are we talking about here: System Builder or C project? From your terminus "compile errors" I would
 conclude the latter.

Can you please tell which BSP you work with, and the name of the IDE project where you added your files?

-Albrecht
Hello
I am doing this point:

"twice click on the project.bld file. On the right side of the IDE, you will see a list-panel which name
 is filesystem where you can a folders and files. 
Then go to file system, panel and expand it. you will see some folder there to create one right click on the "./" and 
click on add item where you will see image directory. This enables you to create a folder. Then go on created folder and

right click to it to add file inside of it. Then build the project.  "

But when I make "build project" the result is the file "am3517.ifs" BUT the size of this file is 8 bytes. While I make "
build project" without my added file (hello.o) the size of "am3517.ifs" is 3 920 220 bytes.
What I do wrong?

Thank you.
Adding the hello.o (object file) is not likely what you really meant to do.  If I try to add a hello.o file to my system
 builder project, I too see the same behaviour you are reporting.  What you most likely really intended to add was the 
executable 'hello' not the object file hello.o
To do this, same procedure as you have done so far but instead:

Right mouse click on your new file
Add Item -> Binary
Navigate to the project and select the file called hello this time.  The file browser should just show the File Type as 
File.
Now when you add it, it should show on the Images panel under the binaries group and on the Filesystem panel in the 
folder you created.
Build Project should now generate a proper ifs for you.
Not sure why adding the .o file causes this behaviour but most likely that is not exactly what you had intended.

Dave Nickerson