Documents
Documents
Wiki
Wiki
Discussion Forums
Discussions
Project Information
Project Info
BroadcastCommunity.qnx.com will be offline from May 31 6:00pm until June 2 12:00AM for upcoming system upgrades. For more information please go to https://community.qnx.com/sf/discussion/do/listPosts/projects.bazaar/discussion.bazaar.topc28418
Forum Topic - Build in Momentics 6.4.1 vs Command line: (3 Items)

Build in Momentics 6.4.1 vs Command line  
I am trying to build a QNX project from the command line instead of the Momemtics IDE to script the build of several c/c
++ together. My projects are using the recursive makefiles and build successfully in the Momentics IDE. However, when 
running make from the command line (Windows XP Pro) the extra include paths are not added to the qcc calls. See below:

From command line:
C:/QNX641/host/win32/x86/usr/bin/qcc -Vgcc_ntox86 -c -Wc,-Wall -Wc,-Wno-parentheses  -O          -DNDEBUG   -I. -IC:/
Perforce/src/ConfigProc/x86/o -IC:/Perforce/src/ConfigProc/x86 -IC:/Perforce/src/ConfigProc -IC:/QNX641/target/qnx6/usr/
include     -DBUILDENV_qss  C:/Perforce/src/ConfigProc/ConfigProc.c

In Momentics:
C:/QNX641/host/win32/x86/usr/bin/qcc -Vgcc_ntox86 -c -Wc,-Wall -Wc,-Wno-parentheses  -O          -DNDEBUG   -I. -IC:/
Perforce/src/ConfigProc/x86/o -IC:/Perforce/src/ConfigProc/x86 -IC:/Perforce/src/ConfigProc -IC:/Perforce/includes -IC:/
QNX641/target/qnx6/usr/include     -DBUILDENV_qss  C:/Perforce/src/ConfigProc/CRC.c 

When run from the command line the extra include path "-IC:/Perforce/includes" is not added. This is defined in the 
common.mk as "EXTRA_INCVPATH+=$(PROJECT_ROOT_includes)". 

I was also curious about the content of the autogenerated file called out in the make command: make -k CPULIST=x86 
EXCLUDE_VARIANTLIST=be/g/ all --file=C:/DOCUME~1/mpierce/LOCALS~1/Temp/QMakefile127723839573959888.tmp 
Re: Build in Momentics 6.4.1 vs Command line  
Hi, Michael,

See some replies in-line, below.

HTH,

Christian

On 22/06/10 04:31 PM, Michael Pierce wrote:
> I am trying to build a QNX project from the command line instead of the Momemtics IDE to script the build of several c
/c++ together. My projects are using the recursive makefiles and build successfully in the Momentics IDE. However, when 
running make from the command line (Windows XP Pro) the extra include paths are not added to the qcc calls. See below:
>
>  From command line:
> C:/QNX641/host/win32/x86/usr/bin/qcc -Vgcc_ntox86 -c -Wc,-Wall -Wc,-Wno-parentheses  -O          -DNDEBUG   -I. -IC:/
Perforce/src/ConfigProc/x86/o -IC:/Perforce/src/ConfigProc/x86 -IC:/Perforce/src/ConfigProc -IC:/QNX641/target/qnx6/usr/
include     -DBUILDENV_qss  C:/Perforce/src/ConfigProc/ConfigProc.c
>
> In Momentics:
> C:/QNX641/host/win32/x86/usr/bin/qcc -Vgcc_ntox86 -c -Wc,-Wall -Wc,-Wno-parentheses  -O          -DNDEBUG   -I. -IC:/
Perforce/src/ConfigProc/x86/o -IC:/Perforce/src/ConfigProc/x86 -IC:/Perforce/src/ConfigProc -IC:/Perforce/includes -IC:/
QNX641/target/qnx6/usr/include     -DBUILDENV_qss  C:/Perforce/src/ConfigProc/CRC.c
>
>
> When run from the command line the extra include path "-IC:/Perforce/includes" is not added. This is defined in the 
common.mk as "EXTRA_INCVPATH+=$(PROJECT_ROOT_includes)".
>    

You will need to define a make variable for this yourself, as you don't 
have the IDE in this scenario to inject it for you.  You can do this via

make PROJECT_ROOT_includes=C:/Perforce/includes all

or, if you have a number of such PROJECT_ROOT_xyz variables, you can put 
them in a makefile (say, "C:/DOCUME~1/mpierce/projectroots.mk") and do

make MAKEFILES=C:/DOCUME~1/projectroots.mk all

> I was also curious about the content of the autogenerated file called out in the make command: make -k CPULIST=x86 
EXCLUDE_VARIANTLIST=be/g/ all --file=C:/DOCUME~1/mpierce/LOCALS~1/Temp/QMakefile127723839573959888.tmp
>    

Heh heh.  As it happens, this temporary makefile is responsible for 
bootstrapping the project build by, among other things, defining the 
PROJECT_ROOT_xyz variables required by the project according to its 
inter-project dependencies.

>
>
> _______________________________________________
>
> General
> http://community.qnx.com/sf/go/post57567
>
>    

-- 
*Christian W. Damus*
Software Developer, IDE Team
QNX Software Systems <http://www.qnx.com/>;
Re: Build in Momentics 6.4.1 vs Command line  
I managed to resolve this by making a project at the top level directory that recursively builds all of the projects 
below. This wasn't possible with previous versions of Momentics/Eclipse so I dismissed this as a solution but it works 
with ide 4.6. Thanks for the reply.

Michael Pierce
ViaSat Inc.
1725 Breckinridge Plaza
Duluth, GA 30096
(678) 924-2896
michael.pierce@viasat.com