Documents
Documents
Wiki
Wiki
Discussion Forums
Discussions
Project Information
Project Info
BroadcastCommunity.qnx.com will be offline from May 31 6:00pm until June 2 12:00AM for upcoming system upgrades. For more information please go to https://community.qnx.com/sf/discussion/do/listPosts/projects.bazaar/discussion.bazaar.topc28418
Forum Topic - USB Device - usblauncher unable to update from *.lua files: Page 1 of 24 (24 Items)

USB Device - usblauncher unable to update from *.lua files  
I am trying to make my target board, SabreLite, to be a USB Device; so when I connect the SabreLite to a PC, I want to 
at least see the VID and PID in the PC Device Manager.  I understand the PC side will need an *.INF file, but the VID 
and PID that are hexadecimal should still be updated.

So far i have tried updating the IFS boot script to include the PPS, to launch the usblauncher, and created the 
necessary directories for the *.lua files.  However, when executing the boot script, the PPS is missing a /var/pps.  The
 usblauncher is able to run, but when performing usb -vvv I do not see the VID and PID updated to my *.lua files.

When trying to create the missing directory with mkdir, i get an error: Function not implemented.

I also tried a QNX recommendation to run usblauncher through the SD mount.  I am able to get the usblauncher to perform,
 but when using usb -vvv I am still seeing the USB controller being a Hub, when I want it to be a device with the 
information from the *.lua files.  Also I am still unable to create a directory, when using mkdir.

So I would like to know if i need to mount a different binary for creating directories (mkdir)?  Also is the PPS really 
necessary to execute the usblauncher, so it can update the usb controller with the necessary *.lua files?

Thanks in advance.