Documents
Documents
Wiki
Wiki
Discussion Forums
Discussions
Project Information
Project Info
Forum Topic - Steve's notes from the wiki review : (6 Items)

Steve's notes from the wiki review  
# Table (licensing page?) should not be edited because Thomas is creating a script to replace it.  Suggestion: Add a 
note on the page to state this.
# Add link from main page to Thomas’ how-to-develop page
# In perps page: Russell has 2 L’s
# Typo in file description of meet the perps page (entirely and associated are spelled wrong)
# In the “For Developers” section remove some of the content so it’s just a preview for the linked page.  Same for “
Understanding OS”.
# Remove FIXME links for “how to hack” with link to Thomas’ new page for this
# add instructions for hokey method in sourceforge of getting to the  source (e.g. click the button then select view 
then …)
# replace mini-driver fixme with the link to mini-driver doc
# suggestion to change Attilla’s links at top of page to something more scalable/consistent/less colorful.  Fred 
suggested looking at how other pages have done it following the template
# reduce number of forums
# remove “for QNX employees” section of forum description
Re: Steve's notes from the wiki review  
# Table (licensing page?) should not be edited because Thomas is creating a script to replace it.  Suggestion: Add a 
note on the page to state this.

Done 

# Add link from main page to Thomas’ how-to-develop page

Done 

# In perps page: Russell has 2 L’s
# Typo in file description of meet the perps page (entirely and associated are spelled wrong)

Done

# In the “For Developers” section remove some of the content so it’s just a preview for the linked page.  Same for “

Understanding OS”.

Done

# Remove FIXME links for “how to hack” with link to Thomas’ new page for this

Done

# add instructions for hokey method in sourceforge of getting to the  source (e.g. click the button then select view 
then …)

Who was going to do this one?

# replace mini-driver fixme with the link to mini-driver doc

Brian?

# suggestion to change Attilla’s links at top of page to something more scalable/consistent/less colorful.  Fred 
suggested looking at how other pages have done it following the template

Gee. I kinda prefer ours. Doug. What didnt you like about the nav bar?

# reduce number of forums

Done. I've also fixed Thomas' how-to-contrib doc to refer to the new forums. I dont know if there are other wikipages 
that refer to the forums. 

# remove “for QNX employees” section of forum description
Done. 
The problem with the nav bar is that it is formatted as a table, and when the page is too narrow the 2-word entries 
format in a funny way.  They are forced to line-break between the words, and the two words then don't line up properly.

I notice that the bar has this formating problem on the developers page (http://community.qnx.com/sf/wiki/do/viewPage/
projects.core_os/wiki/OSDeveloperInformation) and the OS tech page (http://community.qnx.com/sf/wiki/do/viewPage/
projects.core_os/wiki/OSTech) but not on the home page.

The reason for this is that on the home page there is a leading blank, which causes the line to be formatted as a normal
 paragraph instead of as a table.
Thanks. I think i've got them all fixed now.  
The problem still exists for the project home page and the Source Guide wiki page.  I will correct the latter.  How do 
we change the project home page?
I fixed the project page. One needs admin priv to edit that page. I havent figured out how to give admin privledges to 
others yet.