Documents
Documents
Wiki
Wiki
Discussion Forums
Discussions
Project Information
Project Info
Forum Topic - Problem installing SDP 6.6 on Windows 7: (3 Items)

Problem installing SDP 6.6 on Windows 7  
On our project we are upgrading form 6.5.0 to 6.6 of the QNX SDP. When I run the 6.6 installer I get the initial Welcome
 dialog and I click Next at the bottom right. After that I get a popup dialog saying "QNX Software Development Platform 
6.6 is already installed in the following location: NULL". I tried uninstalling all QNX related programs and have 
rebooted several times but the popup persists.
Re: Problem installing SDP 6.6 on Windows 7  
It sounds like you had an Alpha version of SDP 6.6 installed previously, and it has not been uninstalled correctly.
---------------
If the uninstaller doesn't fully remove all the components, do the following:

Delete the folder where you installed QNX SDP.
    Delete the "QNX Momentics" desktop shortcut and the link in the Start menu.
    Find and delete all occurrences of .com.zerog.registry.xml. This is a hidden file, so you must enable the Show 
hidden files and folders option.
    Delete the QNX SDP entries from the Add/Remove Program list by choosing Control Panel > Programs and Features from 
the Start menu, right-clicking on each QNX SDP entry, and then choosing Delete from the list.
-----------

Hope this helps.

Natalia

> On our project we are upgrading form 6.5.0 to 6.6 of the QNX SDP. When I run 
> the 6.6 installer I get the initial Welcome dialog and I click Next at the 
> bottom right. After that I get a popup dialog saying "QNX Software Development
>  Platform 6.6 is already installed in the following location: NULL". I tried 
> uninstalling all QNX related programs and have rebooted several times but the 
> popup persists.

Re: Problem installing SDP 6.6 on Windows 7  
Removing the .com.zerog.registry.xml files fixed the issue. Thanks so much Natalia for the quick reply.