Documents
Documents
Wiki
Wiki
Discussion Forums
Discussions
Project Information
Project Info
BroadcastCommunity.qnx.com will be offline from May 31 6:00pm until June 2 12:00AM for upcoming system upgrades. For more information please go to https://community.qnx.com/sf/discussion/do/listPosts/projects.bazaar/discussion.bazaar.topc28418
Forum Topic - Can't install DDKs for Momentics 6.3.2 and 6.4.0: Page 1 of 2 (2 Items)

Can't install DDKs for Momentics 6.3.2 and 6.4.0  
Gentlepeople,

Currently I am evaluating QNX for my company. In order to do that I need to make a demonstrator application that 
requires a USB webcam to be connected to my testboard. For this I would like to create my own driver.

The problem is I cannot get the DDK to install on my linux host. Installshield tells me I need to have Momentics 6.3.0 
installed, although I have downloaded the USB DDK for 6.3.x from the dowload section of qnx.com.

I have tried installing on a Linux host with Momentics 6.4.0 and one with Momentics 6.3.2, both unsuccessful:

"This software can only be installed with QNX Momentics 6.3.0. Please install
QNX Momentics 6.3.0 first."

It may be important to note that I only have evaluation copies of both Momentics versions?

Any pointers would be appreciated.

Regards,

Bas

PS:

qconfig output machine 1:
QNX Installations 

Installation Name: QNX Software Development Platform 6.4.0
            Version: 6.4.0
     Base Directory: /opt/qnx640
           QNX_HOST: /opt/qnx640/host/linux/x86
         QNX_TARGET: /opt/qnx640/target/qnx6

Additional Packages

qconfig output machine 2:
QNX Installations 

Installation Name: QNX Software Development Suite 6.3.2
            Version: 6.3.2
     Base Directory: /opt/qnx632
           QNX_HOST: /opt/qnx632/host/linux/x86
         QNX_TARGET: /opt/qnx632/target/qnx6

Additional Packages

PPS: I don't think it has anything to do with the jvm problems some people are reporting on these forums, since I've 
already pointed the correct one out to installshield (the $JAVA_HOME and $QNX_JAVAHOME stuff)