Documents
Documents
Wiki
Wiki
Discussion Forums
Discussions
Project Information
Project Info
Forum Topic - Setting up WiFi...: (2 Items)

Setting up WiFi...  
How would I go about setting up my QNX 6.4 installation to connect to a WEP-enabled WAP? My wireless card is based on a 
theorhetically supported Atheros chipset, but when I try to use the instructions for setting up networking in the User 
Guide to work (my card never shows up in ifconfig)

Also, assuming that I can eventually get QNX to see my WiFi card, how would I go about connecting to a network? 
Presumably it would be through some not-yet-documented command line program, but some basic hints would be nice...
Re: Setting up WiFi...  
On Wed, Nov 05, 2008 at 10:53:20AM -0500, Michael Kerpan wrote:
> How would I go about setting up my QNX 6.4 installation to connect to a WEP-enabled WAP? My wireless card is based on 
a theorhetically supported Atheros chipset, but when I try to use the instructions for setting up networking in the User
 Guide to work (my card never shows up in ifconfig)
> 
> Also, assuming that I can eventually get QNX to see my WiFi card, how would I go about connecting to a network? 
Presumably it would be through some not-yet-documented command line program, but some basic hints would be nice...

Check out this page which is off the networking project wiki:
http://community.qnx.com/sf/wiki/do/viewPage/projects.networking/wiki/Wifi_wiki_page

If your card isn't being enumerated properly you can try
slaying and restarting io-pkt explicitly specifying the
atheros driver:

# slay io-pkt-v4-hc
# io-pkt-v4-hc -dath

-seanb