Documents
Documents
Wiki
Wiki
Discussion Forums
Discussions
Project Information
Project Info
Forum Topic - USB support on QNX: (5 Items)

USB support on QNX  
Hello,

I have just started out using QNX from being used to Linux, so excuse me if this question is basic. I need to get some
 USB support added on to our BSP. I am wondering how this works in QNX ? For example, in Linux, there is some generic 
USB support code and then some specific driver code for the particular US chip in question which implements some of the 
generic USB APIs. Does it work the same way in QNX too?

Where can I download USB code for QNX? The specific USB chip whose driver I'm looking for is a Phillips NXP ISP-1161-
A1BD. Does anyone have drivers for this specific chip?

A general informative link on porting USB drivers to QNX would also be appreciated.

Thanks so much in advance.
Re: USB support on QNX  
Hello Mei Li,
In QNX, io-usb is the server for universal serial bus. The drivers are shared libraries, and when you start the server, 
you also indicate which drivers to use.
For example,  
io-usb -dehci -dohci –duhci  
starts the USB 2.0 stack and USB drivers: devu-ehci.so, devu-ohci.so, devu-uhci.so.

Check IDE Momentics->Help->QNX Neutrino 6.3->Utilities Reference.
Regards,
Yuriy

Sir first of all thank you so much for replying. 
Sir I'm using SanDisk Ultra USB 3.0 (14 Gigabyte Memory) to install QNX 4.25 ISO file on PXIe-8130 Embeded controller 
using PXIe-1071 Chassis. I made QNX 4.25 ISO file using MagicISO software and then I made USB Bootable using XBoot 
Software. I tried other softwares (i.e. UltraISO, Rufus, PowerISO etc.) to make it Bootable but it always failed, Only 
XBoot did it successfuly.
Now, when I plug-in USB and Boot system from USB, it stops just after a few initial steps, means, Screen shows option to
 select Operating System to be installed. QNX 4.25 is also showed there. When I click on it, it simply hangs up there 
and following message is shown on screen:

"B kbd Unable to open system initialization file: corrupted file system detected" 

I am in doubt that may be I'm committing some mistake in making USB Bootable.
Please guide me in the light of your greater experience please.
Thanks in advance.
does io-usb create /dev/hdxxx node?
No, io-usb is just the raw low-level USB support. To use USB flash drive you need to additionally launch devb-umass 
driver, which will create /dev/hdX and enumerate all the partitions on the drive, ususally a t11 or t12. You can then 
mount them with mount -tdos /dev/hdXt11 /fs/usb0 (or wherever you want)

Regards,
Al