Documents
Documents
Wiki
Wiki
Discussion Forums
Discussions
Project Information
Project Info
Forum Topic - Not building but debugging include problem: (4 Items)

Not building but debugging include problem  
I have a program which is being built using makefiles and the build is outside of my control.  I want to debug this 
project using Momentics.  I have gone through the debug setting to the stage where I can set a breakpoint in the main 
code and step through it.

However, when I try to jump into (say library) code that is not in that directory I get a message from Momentics that I 
need to add that source code.  This makes sense because it does not know where to find it.  However even when I have 
given it the folder containing the library it still can't find it.  Also the files are greyed out in that dialog.

Should I be able to point Momentics at any source code that matches code built into my target (using Makefiles) and have
 it recognise that code and sync it with the running code or have I missed something fundamental?

Many thanks

Ant
Re: Not building but debugging include problem  
I am not sure what do you mean jump, in your case the source code 
locations is on target lets say /build/source/dir1/a.c and you try to 
use it in the IDE and path to source on hard drive lets say 
C:/project/dir1/a.c?
In this case you can add source mapping. Open you launch config, go to 
page Source and Add a mapping call Path Mapping
In the dialog add new mapping /build/source -> C:/project, save config 
and re-launch it. Does it help?

Ant Pace wrote:
> I have a program which is being built using makefiles and the build is outside of my control.  I want to debug this 
project using Momentics.  I have gone through the debug setting to the stage where I can set a breakpoint in the main 
code and step through it.
>
> However, when I try to jump into (say library) code that is not in that directory I get a message from Momentics that 
I need to add that source code.  This makes sense because it does not know where to find it.  However even when I have 
given it the folder containing the library it still can't find it.  Also the files are greyed out in that dialog.
>
> Should I be able to point Momentics at any source code that matches code built into my target (using Makefiles) and 
have it recognise that code and sync it with the running code or have I missed something fundamental?
>
> Many thanks
>
> Ant
>
> _______________________________________________
> QNX Momentics Getting Started
> http://community.qnx.com/sf/go/post9058
>
>   
I think that is what I was doing.
Can you tell me how to save config, and what you mean by relaunch?  Restart the debug session or restart Momentics?
Thanks
Ant
just re-start debug session

Ant Pace wrote:
> I think that is what I was doing.
> Can you tell me how to save config, and what you mean by relaunch?  Restart the debug session or restart Momentics?
> Thanks
> Ant
>
> _______________________________________________
> QNX Momentics Getting Started
> http://community.qnx.com/sf/go/post9078
>
>