Documents
Documents
Wiki
Wiki
Discussion Forums
Discussions
Project Information
Project Info
Forum Topic - Moving packages to virtual image in SDP 7.1: (4 Items)

Moving packages to virtual image in SDP 7.1  
Hello, I'm a student and trying to run QDB in a virtual target image.
My working environment for setting up a virtual image is x86_64 + vbox + windows, and I downloaded QDB package to a 
target folder.
However, "mkqnximage", a tool for creating a virtual image, does not copy files related to QDB to the virtual image.

So, So, what did I do wrong?
Re: Moving packages to virtual image in SDP 7.1  
mkqnximage doesn't add every file anyone could conceivably want. Instead it provides a base set and ways of extending it

If you build an image you'll find you have a file local/snippets/system_files.custom. Anything you put in here will get 
merged with the build file used for generating the system partition. So all you need do is add lines to include files 
you want. The format is as used my mkqnx6fsimg since this is the utility that ultimately consumes the stuff. You can 
look at the build file that mkqnximage created, output/build/system.build to get a better idea of what goes here.

The documentation lists the other snippet files you can have.
Thanks for the help! It really helped me a lot and now I can manually include files.
But still I'm not sure how to trace all dependencies.
For example, sqlite3 has its header and shared library, but I cannot notice them unless searching manually.
Is this the only way to resolve dependencies? Or does QNX provide much better way?
I just solve this problem by copying "usr" folder and adding it to PATH and LD_LIBRARY_PATH.