Documents
Documents
Wiki
Wiki
Discussion Forums
Discussions
Project Information
Project Info
Forum Topic - Wrong instrucions for building EFS project in Momentics IDE 5.0.1?: (3 Items)

Wrong instrucions for building EFS project in Momentics IDE 5.0.1?  
I am trying to build an EFS (Flash System Image) from FreeScale iMX6.  Instructions from Documentation here:
http://www.qnx.com/developers/docs/660/index.jsp
To create a flash filesystem project:

1.  From the main menu, select File > New > Project.
  2.  Expand QNX, then select QNX System Builder Project in the right. Click Next.
   3. Name your project and click Next.
   4. Specify whether you want to import an existing buildfile or create a generic file.
    5.Specify your target hardware (e.g., armle-v7).
   6. Click Finish. The IDE creates your new IFS project, which includes a generic .ifs image.
   7. In the editor, use the Add New Image icon in the System Builder editor's toolbar to create a new image element:
    8.To add an EFS image to the new IFS project, select either the option to import an EFS buildfile, or to create a 
generic EFS model.
    9.Now, that you have two images in the project, remove the empty IFS image that was created by default.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-------------------
In step 6. The project doesn't create .ifs image, no images are created. If I clean/build, I get a .raw image
In Step 7. I don't see an new image icon or add new image feature in menu. I am in the QNX System Builder perspective. 
The image options under File menu, are new " add QNX build image", which if I select and click finish, I get Illegal 
Thread Access Error.
Re: Wrong instrucions for building EFS project in Momentics IDE 5.0.1?  
This section of the documentation is not applicable for IDE 5.0.1 and is being updated to remove the items that are not 
longer present in this version of the IDE.

For building EFS, see the entry for mkefs in the Utilities Reference document.

QNX Software Development Platform > Utilities & Libraries > Utilities Reference > M

Sorry for the misleading information in the documenation.

Dave
Re: Wrong instrucions for building EFS project in Momentics IDE 5.0.1?  
Hello Dave,

I have created an EFS image, i already have a ifs image in my project but to use passwd utility on my target board 
during runtime, i am trying to build efs image(editable during run time). Can u pls suggest me how i can use efs image 
along with ifs image. For transferring image i am using TFTP mechanism.

AshiGupta