Documents
Documents
Wiki
Wiki
Discussion Forums
Discussions
Project Information
Project Info
Forum Topic - Add linear algebra libraries as ATLAS or BLAS: (3 Items)

Add linear algebra libraries as ATLAS or BLAS  
Hi, 

for a special project, I have to compute some simple matrix and vector operations as scalar product and matrix-matrix-
multiplication. As computing these operations is way faster using libraries like BLAS for example, I would like to add 
those to my project. They shall be computed on a BeagleBone Black.
You can find these libraries online in .tar or .lib format. But as far as I know, QNX can only include .a (static) or .
so(dynamic linking). On top of that, I am concerned if it is generally possible to include such libraries because they 
are written in FORTRAN. I am new with QNX and very grateful for your help!
Best regards, 
Tim
Re: Add linear algebra libraries as ATLAS or BLAS  
No you cannot use libraries for fortran on QNX, unless you find a translator which will convert them to
C code which you can compile using qnx toolchain
Re: Add linear algebra libraries as ATLAS or BLAS  
> Hi, 
> 
> for a special project, I have to compute some simple matrix and vector 
> operations as scalar product and matrix-matrix-multiplication. As computing 
> these operations is way faster using libraries like BLAS for example, I would 
> like to add those to my project. They shall be computed on a BeagleBone Black.
> 
> You can find these libraries online in .tar or .lib format. But as far as I 
> know, QNX can only include .a (static) or .so(dynamic linking). On top of that
> , I am concerned if it is generally possible to include such libraries because
>  they are written in FORTRAN. I am new with QNX and very grateful for your 
> help!
> Best regards, 
> Tim

Sounds like a cool project. But, yeah, you would need to compile the library to run on QNX and unfortunately we don't 
have a Fortran compiler.