Documents
Documents
Wiki
Wiki
Discussion Forums
Discussions
Project Information
Project Info
Forum Topic - No commands/ftp on Pandaboard ES: (7 Items)

No commands/ftp on Pandaboard ES  
I'm working with QNX 6.5 SP1 and a Pandaboard ES. I'm reading via serial port and can ping it via Ethernet as well. 
Start Up seems pretty ok, no error messages. I'm missing standard commands like mkdir, cp,... et cetera. In addition I 
also cannot connect to the board via FTP (using Filezilla). Is this normal for the BSP? I had no problems like this with
 the beagleboard BSP (obvs on a beagleboard).
Pls help me or ask if you need any more information about this problem of mine.
Thanks
Bjoern
Re: No commands/ftp on Pandaboard ES  
You can modify the build file to add the commands you wish to have available on the board.
I do see that ftp is part of the standard IFS image that boots the board.  (mkdir is not and would need to me added).
You can also use the QNX Momentics IDE and connect to the board over ethernet using qconn.  
unfortunately I cannot connect over the IDE :-/ 
Well I can connect, but I cannot copy anything. I get the error "Copy operation error: *filename* - Permission denied"
I'm already conencted as root :-( 
Or "Copy operation error: *filename* 
No such file or directory"
Where are you trying to copy? You cannot copy over ifs because it is read only, also your / may be read only.
Try to copy to /tmp
Oh wow, apparently I stopped checking the folder before temp or I didn't check it at all. Anyway I could copy something 
to it via Mementics and back to my workspace. Thank you very much, I'm a newbie on this topic.