Documents
Documents
Wiki
Wiki
Discussion Forums
Discussions
Project Information
Project Info
Forum Topic - Unable to reinstall QNX6.6. Gettting already installed error : (8 Items)

Unable to reinstall QNX6.6. Gettting already installed error  
Hi ,
I've already installed the latest version of QNX6.6 in my pc but due to some reasons I had unistalled it . But later 
when I am trying to re install it I'm getting error message "You must uninstall QNX 6.6 before reinstalling it". I cant 
get the 6.6 exe listed in my programs list and Ive removed all assoxiated folders for 6.6 from my pc. 
Any suggestions in fixing this issue will be greatly appreciated.

Regards
Thushara Jayakumar
Re: Unable to reinstall QNX6.6. Gettting already installed error  
from the installation notes:
---------------------------------
Note: If the uninstaller doesn't fully remove all the components, do the following:

Delete the folder where you installed QNX SDP.
    Delete the "QNX Momentics" desktop shortcut and the link in the Start menu.
    Find and delete all occurrences of .com.zerog.registry.xml. This is a hidden file, so you must enable the Show 
hidden files and folders option.
    Delete the QNX SDP entries from the Add/Remove Program list by choosing Control Panel > Programs and Features from 
the Start menu, right-clicking on each QNX SDP entry, and then choosing Delete from the list.
-----------------------------

That should fix the problem.
Hi Natalia

I've followed those steps you mentioned. But still I'm getting same error. I'm wondering if there is any QnxWinCleanup.
exe for 6.6 version also like the one for 6.5.

Thanks and Regards
Thushara.
Hi,

There is no cleanup utility for 6.6.
The only reason you would get an installer error about the product being already installed is if you have another 
instance of .com.zerog.registry.xml somewhere on your system.   Sometimes this files is placed into "Zero G Regsitry" 
folder, which is also a hidden folder.

> Hi Natalia
> 
> I've followed those steps you mentioned. But still I'm getting same error. I'm
>  wondering if there is any QnxWinCleanup.exe for 6.6 version also like the one
>  for 6.5.
> 
> Thanks and Regards
> Thushara.

Hi Natalia,

I was able to install 6.6 after removing .com.zerog.registry.xml  from Zero G registry. This was not getting located in 
search box even after enabling show hidden files option. So I manually located xml in Zero G Registry and deleted. 
Thanks a lot for your support.

Regards
Thushara Jayakumar
For folks who are unable to find the "Zero G Registry" folder, it is found  under C:\Program Files (x86)
Any hints on how to resolve this on a Linux installation?

Thanks
Kevin
Never mind, found it.  Same xml file still existed.