Documents
Documents
Wiki
Wiki
Discussion Forums
Discussions
Project Information
Project Info
Forum Topic - QNX6.5 SP1 minimal runtime installation: (3 Items)

QNX6.5 SP1 minimal runtime installation  
Hi

How can i install minimal QNX6.5 SP1 runtime installation to my target (x86 PC104-card) ? 
I did not find any minimal runtime installation packet or image. Is that exist ?

I do not need Photon or development tools.. Mainly i only need network and basic commands/libraries..

How much is minimum size of that kind of runtime ?

Is it only way to remove all unnecessary files by manual from already installed big installation ?

Regards
Esa
Re: QNX6.5 SP1 minimal runtime installation  
While not exactly what you are looking, it does contain information that will you find helpful.  The intent of the 
document is to walk you through creating a custom CD installer that would be used for installing a runtime configuration
 on an x86 target.
It will definitely help you cut the file list down to the ones you require for your own runtime target.
Also note that the documentation also includes a section called "Building an Embedded System" that you may also find 
useful.

To find the Technote on creating your own custom runtime installation CD, goto

http://www.qnx.com/developers/docs/6.5.0_sp1/index.jsp

And Search for "Runtime Kit"

Thanks,

Dave
Re: QNX6.5 SP1 minimal runtime installation  
Dear All,

I could not find the post option in this forum. Hence, i am posting my query here since i am facing the problem with 
QNX6.5 SP1. The below is my query,

1) I am trying to port QNX 6.5.0 OS to my Intel top-cliff board.
2) I have downloaded qnxsdp-6.5.0-x86-201007091524-nto.iso file and tried to install in the following ways
  a) I tried to boot into live boot option (F2), it always shows "/etc/system/sysinit : No such file or directory."
  b) I tried to install it on my hard-disk with partition type as 179  it is also shows missing  some file. 
  But when I use the same CD on my development PC for virtual box Qnx OS installation. It gets installed successfully.
Any clue on this issue that any settings is missing?
3) I have downloaded Intel crown-bay source and built the IFS images by following the below mentioned steps 

- Typed "make" in the src root directory.
   - mkifs -v -r ../install crownby.fastboot.usb.build custom.ifs
   - The above step created a ifs file and used the same for following steps
   - connected a USB drive in virtual box where Qnx is installed.
   - fdisk /dev/umass0
   - Deleted all existing partitions, and created a QNX partition of type 79, used the entire USB
     Memory stick
   - Made this partition as bootable
   - Saved the configuration and exited
   - To restart the associated devb-umass driver   slay devb-umass and devb-umass command issued at the terminal
   -To Initialize the USB disk -dinit –hq /dev/hd1t79 command used
   - USB disk is mounted as follows mount –t qnx4 /dev/hd1t79 /fs/usb0
   -Finally the built IFS file copied as follows cp custom.ifs /fs/usb0/.boot

But it shows only hit esc for .altboot and continued with dots when I booted in the board, then its hangs continuously.

So please someone help me to debug the issue.

Thanks,
david.