Documents
Documents
Wiki
Wiki
Discussion Forums
Discussions
Project Information
Project Info
Forum Topic - QNX post-installation problem: (3 Items)

QNX post-installation problem  
Hello,

I am new to QNX. I`ve installed the system, but I`m unable to run it. It doesn`t boot from hard disk(i have tried IDE 
and SATA) and neither from CD( i mean "live qnx"). Message I get every time i`m trying to run the system is:

Press the space bar to input boot options or D to disable DMA...
Trying SATA ahci. Scanning for devices...
xpt_configure: ahci SIM attach failure
Trying EIDE. Scanning for devices...
..found 2 devices
Detected USB. Scanning for devices...
Trying SATA mvSata. Scanning for devices...
xpt_configure: No mvSata interfaces found
Generating helpviewer search index
Copied "/usr/photon/config/crtc-settings" to "/etc/system/config/crtc-settings"
Starting extra run commands
login:

At this point system hangs, nothing is showing up when i am typing (I tried "root" then enter, nothing happened).
 I`d like to add one more information: during booting, the system enters to graphical mode (i can see mouse cursor on 
black background) for a while, then goes back to text mode to show the messages I`ve posted above.

I will appreciate any clues.

Re: QNX post-installation problem  
Hi!

> Press the space bar to input boot options or D to disable DMA...

Have you tried to press space? There is a "safe mode" option where you can disable booting "Photon" (QNX widget system),
 which may help in this case. 

> Trying SATA ahci. Scanning for devices...
> xpt_configure: ahci SIM attach failure
> Trying EIDE. Scanning for devices...
> ..found 2 devices
> Detected USB. Scanning for devices...
> Trying SATA mvSata. Scanning for devices...
> xpt_configure: No mvSata interfaces found
> Generating helpviewer search index
> Copied "/usr/photon/config/crtc-settings" to "/etc/system/config/crtc-settings
> "
> Starting extra run commands
> login:

At this point, the Photon login screen should come up. If it doesn't probably the graphics driver crashed because your 
graphics controller isn't supported. Try the "safe mode" mentioned above - you should at least be able to login as 
'root' on the text console.

Good luck!

- Malte
Re: QNX post-installation problem  
Hi, 

I am not sure if you figured this out or if any future QNX newbie runs into the same problem... 

We had the same issue with an i86 machine; the symptoms were the same as  Hieronim posted. The problem was in our /etc/
rc.d/rc.local file. We were trying to mount some NFS directories that were moved since the original system was installed
. I had to update the NFS mount point to the new location and I see the GUI and all is well with this QNX system :) 

Hope this helps anyone else that runs into this error. 

Abhi