Documents
Documents
Wiki
Wiki
Discussion Forums
Discussions
Project Information
Project Info
BroadcastCommunity.qnx.com will be offline from May 31 6:00pm until June 2 12:00AM for upcoming system upgrades. For more information please go to https://community.qnx.com/sf/discussion/do/listPosts/projects.bazaar/discussion.bazaar.topc28418
Forum Topic - What is it called????: Page 1 of 5 (5 Items)

What is it called????  
I keep getting stuck trying to guess where the QNX equivalent of a particular Linux or Unix command or file is located.

So two questions:

1. where can I find a comprehensive "tourist's glossary" of common Linux tools that are called something else in QNX???

2. In particular, Under Unix I expect to find a system message log by simply typing "dmesg", or going to /var/log or /
etc/log and poking around. I'm stumped. 

The context is that I keep having ssh stop working. I try to connect with an ssh client. It works flawlessly. I leave 
for the weekend and come back to find that the client will no longer connect. 

I go to the QNX console and kill sshd and restart it and the client program (putty.exe, run from Windows XP) and it 
works fine.

I'd like to not have to ask a forum a dumb question like this, but I don't have time to devote half a day's effort at 
finding out where the devil something as basic as the system message log is located.

Thanks - Frank