Documents
Documents
Wiki
Wiki
Discussion Forums
Discussions
Project Information
Project Info
Forum Topic - QNX Momentics Lite Windows: (3 Items)

QNX Momentics Lite Windows  
I have downloaded the QNX Momemtics Lite for Windows and installed the IDE everything is apparently fine since the IDE 
starts. I was working through the IPC tutorial and came to the part to run it and realize I probably need a x86 target 
computer with QNX OS running on it.

Some how by the documentation it appears the CD I made might be bootable so that I can install QNX on another computer 
that I want to use as the target. However the CD I made does not boot on the laptop I am trying to boot it on and 
examining the CD appears that it does not have the required components to be bootable?

What am I missing? Do I need to do the "Create a system builder project" tutorial first to make a bootable QNX Neutrino 
OS image first to install on a target or is there an easier way to just download an ISO image and burn it to a CD that 
will allow me to put QNX Neutrino on my target computer?

Thanks as always for you help
Neal Davis

Re: QNX Momentics Lite Windows  
I figured it out - I downloaded the QNX momentics for QNX Neutrino host and that ISO makes a CD that is bootable. So now
 I'm booting my laptop into QNX.

Few questions:

1. What is the easiest way to assign a static IP address to a NIC?
2. QNX is only seeing my wired ethernet NIC, why does it not see my wireless NIC?
3. Our laptops have touchscreens, does QNX support touchscreens?

Thanks as always - Neal Davis
Re: QNX Momentics Lite Windows  
> I figured it out - I downloaded the QNX momentics for QNX Neutrino host and 
> that ISO makes a CD that is bootable. So now I'm booting my laptop into QNX.
> 
> Few questions:
> 
> 1. What is the easiest way to assign a static IP address to a NIC?

If you formiliar with BSD networking settings, you can put those "ifconfig ..." commands in /etc/rc.d/rc.local

Or, once you boot, in your graphics environment, goto the shelf on the right, "Configure->Network", and setup the "
devices".

> 2. QNX is only seeing my wired ethernet NIC, why does it not see my wireless 
> NIC?

Most likely it is unsupported. There is a Supported Hardware Database.

http://www.qnx.com/developers/hardware_support/

> 3. Our laptops have touchscreens, does QNX support touchscreens?

Again, depends if it is one of those QNX supported device or not. On the other hand, nothing stops your write your own 
touchscreen support. :)