Documents
Documents
Wiki
Wiki
Discussion Forums
Discussions
Project Information
Project Info
Forum Topic - Is non-commercial license key OS specific?: (5 Items)

Is non-commercial license key OS specific?  
Hi!

I've downloaded the QNX SDP 6.4.1 for Linux, but (temporarily) gave up on getting the installation to work under Fedora 
10 x86-64. License is for non-commercial use.

Now, I've downloaded installer for Windows XP, but installation fails when using the same licence key as above. The 
install  log-file entries suggests that the license key is host OS specific. Is this true?

If it is, how can i change to Windows license? On the licensing page, I get the message:

"Our records indicate that you are already enrolled in the Non-Commercial Program. Thank-You!"
- And no option to apply for a different license key.

Best regards
Sune Mai
Re: Is non-commercial license key OS specific?  
Update:

By uninstalling the QNX SDP 6.4.1, rebooting and re-installing it (now with a 30-day evaluation license key due to the 
above issue), I'm able to get the QNX Momentics IDE running on Windows XP SP3. It seems to work - i can even inspect 
processes on a target machine running neutrino over the network.

But something is still wrong. Even though I carefully checked "install GNU tools" during the installation, the folder
C:\QNX641\host\win32\x86\usr\bin
is completely empty! The Momentics IDE console output after attempting a Build is:
(Cannot run program "C:\QNX641\host\win32\x86\usr\bin\make": Launching failed)
So the bin-folder should supposedly contain "make" and other GNU tools? 

No entries in the install log seems to indicate what is wrong. Every single instance of the word "error" in the log is 
related to font files.

Suggestions for debugging are welcome! Maybe it has to do with one of these possibilities:
1. The uninstall is not perfect - so the instal script may be confused by old files/registry keys.
2. The installer uses java. But does it need a specific version? The system installed java is called "Java 6 Standard 
Edition (build 1.6.0_16-b01)" from Sun.
3. I'm the first one to try installing QNX SDP on an almost clean Windows XP Professional SP3. Unlikely!
Hi, 

I think that empty C:\QNX641\host\win32\x86\usr\bin folder is an installation error.  Please post installOptionalLog.txt
 and uninstallLog.txt located in %TEMP% directory.

Also, there is a special utility provided with QNX SDP 6.4.1 installation, that can be used to add a new license key: 
Start->Programs->QNX SDP 6.4.1->License Management->Add License.  
So, you should not have to uninstall then re-install the product just to switch the license key.

Natalia

> Update:
> 
> By uninstalling the QNX SDP 6.4.1, rebooting and re-installing it (now with a 
> 30-day evaluation license key due to the above issue), I'm able to get the QNX
>  Momentics IDE running on Windows XP SP3. It seems to work - i can even 
> inspect processes on a target machine running neutrino over the network.
> 
> But something is still wrong. Even though I carefully checked "install GNU 
> tools" during the installation, the folder
> C:\QNX641\host\win32\x86\usr\bin
> is completely empty! The Momentics IDE console output after attempting a Build
>  is:
> (Cannot run program "C:\QNX641\host\win32\x86\usr\bin\make": Launching failed)
> 
> So the bin-folder should supposedly contain "make" and other GNU tools? 
> 
> No entries in the install log seems to indicate what is wrong. Every single 
> instance of the word "error" in the log is related to font files.
> 
> Suggestions for debugging are welcome! Maybe it has to do with one of these 
> possibilities:
> 1. The uninstall is not perfect - so the instal script may be confused by old 
> files/registry keys.
> 2. The installer uses java. But does it need a specific version? The system 
> installed java is called "Java 6 Standard Edition (build 1.6.0_16-b01)" from 
> Sun.
> 3. I'm the first one to try installing QNX SDP on an almost clean Windows XP 
> Professional SP3. Unlikely!

Hi Natalia,

Thank you for your answer! But I'm wondering: Shouldn't the license keys be kept private? The requested log files 
contain many copies of the license-keys in clear text, so I'd like you to confirm that this is ok, before I'll post to a
 public forum like this.

Best regards
Sune Mai
PROBLEM SOLVED

I'll repeat 100 times today: Always check md5 sum of downloaded files, always check....

I'm surprised, however, that simply downloading the SDP using Internet Explorer 8 on a Windows XP Professional SP3 
consistently gives corrupted files (2 out of 2 downloads)! Only when downloading using the Download Manager link did I 
succeed in getting a non-corrupted file stored to disk...

Thanks again for the help and sorry about the noise!