Documents
Documents
Wiki
Wiki
Discussion Forums
Discussions
Project Information
Project Info
BroadcastCommunity.qnx.com will be offline from May 31 6:00pm until June 2 12:00AM for upcoming system upgrades. For more information please go to https://community.qnx.com/sf/discussion/do/listPosts/projects.bazaar/discussion.bazaar.topc28418
Forum Topic - Virtual Serial port pronblem: Page 1 of 12 (12 Items)

Virtual Serial port pronblem  
Hi,

I'm trying to use a USB-UART chipset for which I have invoked the devc-serusb driver. I'm able to get two nodes /dev/
serusb1 & /dev/serusb2. The chipset vendor is FTDI. 

I have connected /dev/serusb1 & /dev/ser1 through this chipset and cable. I write a sample data into /dev/serusb1 and 
read it from /dev/ser1 but I don't get any data. When I checked with cat /dev/serusb1, I could find the data in it still

My question is what could be the reason behind the written data not getting transmitted out of /dev/serusb1, although 
the APIs return success? 

I have treated the virtual serial port the same way as the conventional serial port. Is there anything specific that 
needs to be taken care for virtual serial ports?

Thanks,
Lakshminarayanan.R

PS: 
1) I tried the same chipset in windows with the driver provided by the vendor it works!
2) And in QNX host, when I connect /dev/ser1 to /dev/ser2 through cables, if some data is written in /dev/ser1 it is 
available in /dev/ser2. If I do a cat in /dev/ser1 - no data is there and cat /dev/ser2 gives the output data!