Documents
Documents
Wiki
Wiki
Discussion Forums
Discussions
Project Information
Project Info
Forum Topic - QNX Momentics suddenly slow!: (3 Items)

QNX Momentics suddenly slow!  
Hi,

I wonder if somebody can help me with this.

I've been using the QNX Momentics IDE on Windows XP for several months now. Until now, the project builds have been 
typically quite fast, but today almost everything the IDE does has suddenly become very slow: cleaning project builds, 
making new builds. Even opening AppBuilder has become very slow. 

I should mention that I haven't made any significant changes to my QNX project today. Interestingly, this started to 
happen after I installed a few Windows updates - I've no idea if it has something to do. Any help on his matter will be 
appreciated.

Gabriel
Re: QNX Momentics suddenly slow!  
This happens to me occasionally.  Usually I close all java based programs on my machine and then restart momentics.  
This always seems to clear it up for me.  As far as I can tell it seems like several java programs can get into a state 
where they contend heavily over some shared resource and they all grind to a crawl.
RE: QNX Momentics suddenly slow!  
Garbage collection does not prevent all cases of memory leak.  Once in a while Momentic will run out of memory (java 
heap) and will then become extremely slow as I suspect the garbage collector is invoked  at high frequency.  It`s easy 
to see when you active the display of the heap info in Eclipse preferences.

-----Message d'origine-----
De : John Parker [mailto:community-noreply@qnx.com] 
Envoyé : Wednesday, December 05, 2012 11:04 AM
À : momentics-community
Objet : Re: QNX Momentics suddenly slow!

This happens to me occasionally.  Usually I close all java based programs on my machine and then restart momentics.  
This always seems to clear it up for me.  As far as I can tell it seems like several java programs can get into a state 
where they contend heavily over some shared resource and they all grind to a crawl.

QNX Momentics Community Support
http://community.qnx.com/sf/go/post97824
To cancel your subscription to this discussion, please e-mail momentics-community-unsubscribe@community.qnx.com