Documents
Documents
Wiki
Wiki
Discussion Forums
Discussions
Project Information
Project Info
Forum Topic - How to start remote application: (3 Items)

How to start remote application  
Hi,

when I download and execute my program on the QNX target,some error I meet is below:

error starting  remote  application.

and the contents of the  .log file is:

========================================================
!ENTRY com.qnx.tools.ide.qde.ui 4 0 2008-08-01 15:06:59.359
!MESSAGE Error starting remote application.
!STACK 0
com.qnx.tools.utils.target.QConnException: Target launcher@<localhost:8000>: Error Permission denied
	at com.qnx.tools.utils.target.TargetBinary.parseResponse(TargetBinary.java:130)
	at com.qnx.tools.utils.target.TargetServiceLaunch.launch(TargetServiceLaunch.java:136)
	at com.qnx.tools.utils.target.TargetProcess.startProcess(TargetProcess.java:46)
	at com.qnx.tools.utils.target.TargetProcess.<init>(TargetProcess.java:15)
	at com.qnx.tools.ide.qde.internal.ui.launch.QDELaunchUtils.remoteLaunch(QDELaunchUtils.java:236)
	at com.qnx.tools.ide.qde.internal.ui.launch.QDELaunchConfigurationDelegate.
startApplicationOnTarget(QDELaunchConfigurationDelegate.java:579)
	at com.qnx.tools.ide.qde.internal.ui.launch.QDELaunchConfigurationDelegate$1.doRun(QDELaunchConfigurationDelegate.java:
879)
	at com.qnx.tools.ide.qde.internal.ui.launch.QDELaunchConfigurationDelegate$QDELaunchJob.
run(QDELaunchConfigurationDelegate.java:176)
	at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:58)
=======================================================

I don't know what is wrong?

thanks.
Re: How to start remote application  
Hi all,
Is there anyone who has encountered this error, and get it solved? I'm having the same problem. 
I am using QNX Momentics on a Linux machine (running Ubuntu 8.10), and I successfully cross-compile my software to 
remote QNX6.3.2 machine(installed on a Lippert board) from the Linux machine. I have no problem in running the QNX 
driver remotely, but when I try to run the application (which is a client of the QNX driver), it fails with the similar 
error below. Has anyone got any ideas? 
Error starting remote application.
com.qnx.tools.utils.target.QConnException: Target launcher@<localhost:8000>: Error Can't access shared library
at com.qnx.tools.utils.target.TargetBinary.parseResponse(TargetBinary.java:130)
at com.qnx.tools.utils.target.TargetServiceLaunch.launch(TargetServiceLaunch.java:136)
at com.qnx.tools.utils.target.TargetProcess.startProcess(TargetProcess.java:46)
at com.qnx.tools.utils.target.TargetProcess.<init>(TargetProcess.java:15)
at com.qnx.tools.ide.qde.internal.ui.launch.QDELaunchUtils.remoteLaunch(QDELaunchUtils.java:236)
at com.qnx.tools.ide.qde.internal.ui.launch.QDELaunchConfigurationDelegate.
at com.qnx.tools.ide.qde.internal.ui.launch.QDELaunchConfigurationDelegate$1.doRun(QDELaunchConfigurationDelegate.java:
879)
at com.qnx.tools.ide.qde.internal.ui.launch.QDELaunchConfigurationDelegate$QDELaunchJob.
at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:58)
Re: How to start remote application  
Where this is printed? What is printed on app console? Do you have all shared libraries required for your app on target 
in LD_LIBRARY_PATH?

cihan ozturk wrote:
> Hi all,
> Is there anyone who has encountered this error, and get it solved? I'm having the same problem. 
> I am using QNX Momentics on a Linux machine (running Ubuntu 8.10), and I successfully cross-compile my software to 
remote QNX6.3.2 machine(installed on a Lippert board) from the Linux machine. I have no problem in running the QNX 
driver remotely, but when I try to run the application (which is a client of the QNX driver), it fails with the similar 
error below. Has anyone got any ideas? 
> Error starting remote application.
> com.qnx.tools.utils.target.QConnException: Target launcher@<localhost:8000>: Error Can't access shared library
> at com.qnx.tools.utils.target.TargetBinary.parseResponse(TargetBinary.java:130)
> at com.qnx.tools.utils.target.TargetServiceLaunch.launch(TargetServiceLaunch.java:136)
> at com.qnx.tools.utils.target.TargetProcess.startProcess(TargetProcess.java:46)
> at com.qnx.tools.utils.target.TargetProcess.<init>(TargetProcess.java:15)
> at com.qnx.tools.ide.qde.internal.ui.launch.QDELaunchUtils.remoteLaunch(QDELaunchUtils.java:236)
> at com.qnx.tools.ide.qde.internal.ui.launch.QDELaunchConfigurationDelegate.
> at com.qnx.tools.ide.qde.internal.ui.launch.QDELaunchConfigurationDelegate$1.doRun(QDELaunchConfigurationDelegate.java
:879)
> at com.qnx.tools.ide.qde.internal.ui.launch.QDELaunchConfigurationDelegate$QDELaunchJob.
> at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:58)
> 
> 
> _______________________________________________
> QNX Momentics Community Support
> http://community.qnx.com/sf/go/post29601
>