Documents
Documents
Wiki
Wiki
Discussion Forums
Discussions
Project Information
Project Info
Forum Topic - Getting USB Microphone to work with QNX: (2 Items)

Getting USB Microphone to work with QNX  
Hello all,

Its my first time trying to get something like this working on a QNX system. I have a bunch of USB microphones, listed 
below, which I am trying to capture audio data from and then play. 
1.USB Lavalier Microphone, MAONO 192KHZ/24BIT Plug & Play Omnidirectional Lapel Shirt Collar Clip on Mic for PC, 
Computer, Mac, Laptop, YouTube, Skype, Recording, Podcasting, Gaming, AU-UL10 from Amazon.com: USB Lavalier Microphone, 
MAONO 192KHZ/24BIT Plug & Play Omnidirectional Lapel Shirt Collar Clip on Mic for PC, Computer, Mac, Laptop, YouTube, 
Skype, Recording, Podcasting, Gaming, AU-UL10 : Musical Instruments

2.USB Lavalier Lapel Microphone, ZAFFIRO Clip-on USB Computer Microphone Plug & Play Omnidirectional Mic for PC, Laptop,
 Mac, PS4. Perfect for Video Recording,Skype, Streaming, Podcasting from Amazon.com: USB Lavalier Lapel Microphone, 
ZAFFIRO Clip-on USB Computer Microphone Plug & Play Omnidirectional Mic for PC, Laptop, Mac, PS4. Perfect for Video 
Recording,Skype, Streaming, Podcasting : Electronics

3.USB Lavalier Lapel Microphone, Fifine Clip-on Cardioid Condenser Computer Mic Plug and Play USB Microphone with Sound 
Card for PC and Mac-K053 from Amazon.com: USB Lavalier Lapel Microphone, Fifine Clip-on Cardioid Condenser Computer Mic 
Plug and Play USB Microphone with Sound Card for PC and Mac-K053 : Electronics

4.Movo M1 USB Lavalier Lapel Clip-on Omnidirectional Computer Microphone for Laptop, PC and Mac, Perfect Podcasting, 
Gaming, Streaming and Desktop Mic (20-Foot Cord) from Amazon.com: Movo M1 USB Lavalier Lapel Clip-on Omnidirectional 
Computer Microphone for Laptop, PC and Mac, Perfect Podcasting, Gaming, Streaming and Desktop Mic (20-Foot Cord) : 
Musical Instruments

5.Antlion Audio ModMic USB Attachable Noise-Cancelling Microphone with Mute Switch Compatible with Mac, Windows PC, 
Playstation 4, and More from Amazon.com: Antlion Audio ModMic USB Attachable Noise-Cancelling Microphone with Mute 
Switch Compatible with Mac, Windows PC, Playstation 4, and More : Electronics

6.Sennheiser XS Lav USB-C Omnidirectional Lavalier Microphone with 2M Cable USB-C Connector from Sennheiser XS Lav USB-C
 Omnidirectional Lavalier Microphone with 2M Cable USB-C Connector | Sweetwater

I've got the project for wave.c working to the point of being able to call "wave -P 90 FILE.wav" and it will play the 
wav file just fine. However when I try to use waverec.c to create a file and then play it using the "wave -P FILE.wav" 
command, i only get silence. 
I think it has to do with these USB microphones maybe not being supported or a driver not being properly run but I'm not
 quite sure. Any help would be appreciated!

Re: Getting USB Microphone to work with QNX  
Correction, I've been able to get the projects to compile, but NOT able to play an already existing wave file or write 
out a recorded wave file that seems to play anything from the wave.c and waverec.c example files.