Documents
Documents
Wiki
Wiki
Discussion Forums
Discussions
Project Information
Project Info
Forum Topic - How to make an installer which can be installed on QNX target: (4 Items)

How to make an installer which can be installed on QNX target  
Hi Team,

I am new to QNX platform. I am working on one project which has many binary files, like A, B C and they have dependency 
with library X.so Y.so.
I want to pack it to one file, which I can install it on QNX Target at specific location.

I am sure, there will be some way to do it in qnx. Can someone help me to point out the way.

Thanks in advance.
Re: How to make an installer which can be installed on QNX target  
If you want to create an archive  that can be installed into an already existing and running target you could use "tar" 
on the host. You can use the "append" option to build the archive incrementally, and there are limited options to set 
owner and file permissions.

A more complete and integrated solution is to use "mkqnx6fsimg" which creates an image of a complete filesystem binary 
image that can be extracted with a binary writer like dd to a disk partition of equivalent size.

Rehards,
Al
Thank you Albrecht for your reply. but how can I use the mkqnx6fsimg?
Do you have any example code?
Please guide me to create one installer file.
http://www.qnx.com/developers/docs/7.1/#com.qnx.doc.neutrino.utilities/topic/m/mkqnx6fsimg.html

The BSP USer's Guides provide some infos about how to install. It is highly board-specific, therefore no generic 
procedure exists.

Regards,
Albrecht