Documents
Documents
Wiki
Wiki
Discussion Forums
Discussions
Project Information
Project Info
Forum Topic - OpenGL ES 2.0 sample under QNX 6.5: (2 Items)

OpenGL ES 2.0 sample under QNX 6.5  
Hi everyone,

I have created a simple OpenGL ES 2.0 project under QNX SDP 6.6, using the Freescale i.MX6 Lite board.  I used the apps 
media player and gles2-gears as an example to figure this out.

Now I want to port this backwards to QNX SDP 6.5, but I have a few issues:

1)  I do not know if SDP 6.5 even supports OpenGL ES 2.0, since the Advanced Graphics documentation only mentions ES 1

2) I cannot find a graphics patch for 6.5 that supports the Vivante graphics chipset.  It seems the 6.5 BSP for the 
board only comes with software rendering drivers for io-display.

3) SDP 6.5 does not appear to use the Screen API, so it looks like I have to port my code to us the GF API instead.  I
 have found some documentation on how to do this, but it would be great if there were some example source to a simple 
app like gles2-gears that shows how to do this.

Thanks for your help!
Re: OpenGL ES 2.0 sample under QNX 6.5  
‎Sorry for the delay, these kind of questions are likely better to be posted under a graphics forum.

Yes, the screen framework can run under QNX 650 along with GLES2 and GLES3.x for that matter. However, a graphics driver
 supporting those API's which is based on the screen framework needs to be built against and be functional in a 650 
environment. Patches for both a 650 screen and a graphics driver for your platform may already exist or even a complete 
650 screen based BSP. If neither does, it likely wouldn't be much effort to produce either.

I'd suggest contacting QNX support/services with your request if can find anything posted on the foundry site.

-Joel

Original Message
Sent: Monday, August 18, 2014 5:38 PM
To: momentics-community
Reply To: momentics-community@community.qnx.com
Subject: OpenGL ES 2.0 sample under QNX 6.5

Hi everyone,

I have created a simple OpenGL ES 2.0 project under QNX SDP 6.6, using the Freescale i.MX6 Lite board.  I used the apps 
media player and gles2-gears as an example to figure this out.

Now I want to port this backwards to QNX SDP 6.5, but I have a few issues:

1)  I do not know if SDP 6.5 even supports OpenGL ES 2.0, since the Advanced Graphics documentation only mentions ES 1

2) I cannot find a graphics patch for 6.5 that supports the Vivante graphics chipset.  It seems the 6.5 BSP for the 
board only comes with software rendering drivers for io-display.

3) SDP 6.5 does not appear to use the Screen API, so it looks like I have to port my code to us the GF API instead.  I
 have found some documentation on how to do this, but it would be great if there were some example source to a simple 
app like gles2-gears that shows how to do this.

Thanks for your help!

QNX Momentics Community Support
http://community.qnx.com/sf/go/post111480
To cancel your subscription to this discussion, please e-mail momentics-community-unsubscribe@community.qnx.com