Documents
Documents
Wiki
Wiki
Discussion Forums
Discussions
Project Information
Project Info
Forum Topic - qconn Performance Over the Internet: (5 Items)

qconn Performance Over the Internet  
I would like to use qconn to deploy and debug my programs over the Internet to my embedded system, but the performance 
right now is intolerably slow. It takes about 30 seconds from pressing the Debug button until the debugger breaks at 
main, and stepping through the program is just as slow.

I am pretty sure I have had much better performance debugging with gdb and gdbserver cross tools before. Has anybody 
else had this issue with qconn? How might I fix it?
RE: qconn Performance Over the Internet  
Qconn is definitely not designed for speed.

-----Message d'origine-----
De : Jim Carroll [mailto:community-noreply@qnx.com] 
Envoyé : Monday, March 03, 2014 1:02 PM
À : momentics-community
Objet : qconn Performance Over the Internet

I would like to use qconn to deploy and debug my programs over the Internet to my embedded system, but the performance 
right now is intolerably slow. It takes about 30 seconds from pressing the Debug button until the debugger breaks at 

I am pretty sure I have had much better performance debugging with gdb and gdbserver cross tools before. Has anybody 

QNX Momentics Community Support
http://community.qnx.com/sf/go/post109147
To cancel your subscription to this discussion, please e-mail momentics-community-unsubscribe@community.qnx.com

Re: qconn Performance Over the Internet  
That typically means you have a mismatched libc.so symbolls on host vs 
target

On 2014-03-03 1:02 PM, Jim Carroll wrote:
> I would like to use qconn to deploy and debug my programs over the Internet to my embedded system, but the performance
>
> I am pretty sure I have had much better performance debugging with gdb and gdbserver cross tools before. Has anybody 
>
>
>
> _______________________________________________
>
> QNX Momentics Community Support
> http://community.qnx.com/sf/go/post109147
> To cancel your subscription to this discussion, please e-mail momentics-community-unsubscribe@community.qnx.com

I see. I did not think that the target needed debug symbols. Pardon my asking, but how could I verify that the target 
symbols match the host symbols?

Also, I think I should note that the target device does not have writable storage. I will be updating the image with the
 dev-eidi driver soon, but right now I believe it is using RAM. Could that possibly be the problem?
You don't need debug symbols on the target, but the version of libc.so 
on the target and that in the Momentics SDK needs to match.

On 2014-03-04 11:23 AM, Jim Carroll wrote:
> I see. I did not think that the target needed debug symbols. Pardon my asking, but how could I verify that the target 
symbols match the host symbols?
>
> Also, I think I should note that the target device does not have writable storage. I will be updating the image with 
the dev-eidi driver soon, but right now I believe it is using RAM. Could that possibly be the problem?
>
>
>
> _______________________________________________
>
> QNX Momentics Community Support
> http://community.qnx.com/sf/go/post109174
> To cancel your subscription to this discussion, please e-mail momentics-community-unsubscribe@community.qnx.com