Documents
Documents
Wiki
Wiki
Discussion Forums
Discussions
Project Information
Project Info
Forum Topic - Momentics IDE fails to start - stuck on "Validating C/C++ buil...tings: (0%)": (4 Items)

Momentics IDE fails to start - stuck on "Validating C/C++ buil...tings: (0%)"  
Hi,

I had been using my Momentics for quite some time now without any major issues until we had a power outage 
yesterday.  I believe my Momentics IDE instance must have shut down unexpectedly as a result of the outage. When I tried
 to start it today, the C/C++ perspective opens up but then it stops responding and just freezes.

I have tried using the run_qde_admin.sh scripts to start it up but to no avail.

I also tried running the qconfig utility and logged out and back in but that didn't help either.

Any ideas on how to recover from this situation?

Thanks,
Omair
Re: Momentics IDE fails to start - stuck on "Validating C/C++ buil...tings: (0%)"  
Hi,

Just tried starting Momentics today and it worked this time.

Regards,
Omair
Re: Momentics IDE fails to start - stuck on "Validating C/C++ buil...tings: (0%)"  
Hi,

Anyone have a more reliable way of resolving this issue? 

My own solution, above, worked a few times but not in the most recent occurrence of this issue. So, I can't start 
Momentics anymore.

Regards,
Omair
Actually, after some google'ing I found that deleting the following file from your workspace can do the trick:

-rw-r--r-- 1 omuhi domusers 437563 2012-08-10 15:24 ./.metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.core.resources/.snap

See:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/207843/how-do-i-prevent-eclipse-from-hanging-on-startup

Regards,
Omair