Documents
Documents
Wiki
Wiki
Discussion Forums
Discussions
Project Information
Project Info
Forum Topic - Information missing from .cproject file: (4 Items)

Information missing from .cproject file  
Hello,

we have a QNX C++ static library project here that sporadically converts to anapplication project all by itself (or so 
it seems). Also, when checking out the project from a SVN repo, the build variants are gone.

I compared its .cproject to the .cproject of a project that never showed this behaviour and found that a whole section 
called <storageModule moduleId="com.qnx.tools.ide.qde.core.QNXProjectProperties">  is missing. This section contains the
 build variants and a <type value="2"> tag which I think specifies that it's a static lib project.

Then, I deleted the project and set it up from scratch again. In the new .cproject, the section mentioned above isn't 
contained either.

Does anyone know why the .cproject doesn't contain this info? Have we missed to make some settings, or can I force 
Momentics to include it in the .cproject?

Thanks,
Christoph
Re: Information missing from .cproject file  
I think I can answer my question myself.

Playing around a bit, it seems to me that the information in the "good" .cproject stems from 6.4.1 times. Obviously this
 information is entirely ignored nowadays. What I have to do now ist to add the target's "a" and "a-g" folders to the 
repository. I don't like this very much, because the folder structure on a PC is kind of vulnerable, and erroneous check
-ins are done too easily. I'd be interested though, why it is no longer stored in .cproject files.

Ciao,
Christoph
Hi, Christoph,

This information in the .cproject file is still used in the SDP 6.5.0 version of the IDE.  However, it isn't stored by 
default, as the selection of which variants to build is often highly variable depending on what a developer is currently
 working on or testing.  Storing the variant selection in the .cproject means that it can be checked in to source 
control and every time anyone changes their variant selection, it is checked in again for everyone on the team to check 
out.

If you do want to store the variant selection in the .cproject file, you need only check the "Share all project 
properties" option in the first tab of the "QNX C/C++ Project" properties.

However, as long as the project has the variant folders (e.g., "a") that identify it as a static library, you shouldn't 
need to store these properties in the .cproject file.  The project should discover its type from the existing folder 
layout.

HTH,

Christian

On 2011-07-07, at 9:50 AM, Christoph Nemmaier wrote:

> Hello,
> 
> we have a QNX C++ static library project here that sporadically converts to anapplication project all by itself (or so
 it seems). Also, when checking out the project from a SVN repo, the build variants are gone.
> 
> I compared its .cproject to the .cproject of a project that never showed this behaviour and found that a whole section
 called <storageModule moduleId="com.qnx.tools.ide.qde.core.QNXProjectProperties">  is missing. This section contains 
the build variants and a <type value="2"> tag which I think specifies that it's a static lib project.
> 
> Then, I deleted the project and set it up from scratch again. In the new .cproject, the section mentioned above isn't 
contained either.
> 
> Does anyone know why the .cproject doesn't contain this info? Have we missed to make some settings, or can I force 
> 
> Thanks,
> Christoph
> 
> 
> 
> _______________________________________________
> 
> QNX Momentics Community Support
> http://community.qnx.com/sf/go/post87189
> 
Hello Christian,

thanks for the information, this helps me a lot.
Christoph

Christian Damus scripsit in die 11.07.2011 14:39:
> Hi, Christoph,
>
> This information in the .cproject file is still used in the SDP 6.5.0 version of the IDE.  However, it isn't stored by
 default, as the selection of which variants to build is often highly variable depending on what a developer is 
currently working on or testing.  Storing the variant selection in the .cproject means that it can be checked in to 
source control and every time anyone changes their variant selection, it is checked in again for everyone on the team to
 check out.
>
> If you do want to store the variant selection in the .cproject file, you need only check the "Share all project 
properties" option in the first tab of the "QNX C/C++ Project" properties.
>
> However, as long as the project has the variant folders (e.g., "a") that identify it as a static library, you 
shouldn't need to store these properties in the .cproject file.  The project should discover its type from the existing 
folder layout.
>
> HTH,
>
> Christian
>
>
> On 2011-07-07, at 9:50 AM, Christoph Nemmaier wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> we have a QNX C++ static library project here that sporadically converts to anapplication project all by itself (or 
so it seems). Also, when checking out the project from a SVN repo, the build variants are gone.
>>
>> I compared its .cproject to the .cproject of a project that never showed this behaviour and found that a whole 
section called<storageModule moduleId="com.qnx.tools.ide.qde.core.QNXProjectProperties">   is missing. This section 
contains the build variants and a<type value="2">  tag which I think specifies that it's a static lib project.
>>
>> Then, I deleted the project and set it up from scratch again. In the new .cproject, the section mentioned above isn't
 contained either.
>>
>> Does anyone know why the .cproject doesn't contain this info? Have we missed to make some settings, or can I force 
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Christoph
>>
>>
>>
>> _______________________________________________
>>
>> QNX Momentics Community Support
>> http://community.qnx.com/sf/go/post87189
>>
>
>
>
>
> _______________________________________________
>
> QNX Momentics Community Support
> http://community.qnx.com/sf/go/post87238
>
>
>

This message and attachment(s) are intended solely for use by the addressee and may contain information that is 
privileged, confidential or otherwise exempt from disclosure under applicable law.

If you are not the intended recipient or agent thereof responsible for delivering this message to the intended recipient
, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited.

If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender immediately by telephone and with a 'reply' 
message.

Thank you for your co-operation.