Documents
Documents
Wiki
Wiki
Discussion Forums
Discussions
Project Information
Project Info
Forum Topic - PhAB (appbuilder) crash: (2 Items)

PhAB (appbuilder) crash  
I've been merrily working away on a project for a long time, then suddenly last night when I tried to run the appbuilder
 (from Eclipse) in Windows I get an abnormal appbuilder termination. I can start to see a message about a corrupt file, 
but it dissapears too quickly to read. I then took the /src, /wgt and abapp.wsp and abapp.dfn files to a VMware native 
system and appbuilder also terminates...

The app also terminated on a coworkers system.

I then build a new appbuilder project and painfully copied in all of the /wgt files. This does not crash, so I've 
narrowed the problem to either of  the abapp.wsp and abapp.dfn or /src files which have callbacks and links that would 
be difficult to recreate.

Also worrysome is the fact that older cvs versions now crash...

Any bright ideas on how to proceed?

Thanks,

Dave Hawley
Re: PhAB (appbuilder) crash  
After a bit of sleuthing, I've traced the problem to a corrupt abapp.wsp file. 

I will explain how I figured this out since the appbuilder docs is a bit lacking regarding these files. Both abapp.wsp 
and abapp.dfn are mostly ASCII 0's, but running strings on them shows that they contain dialog and window file names. 
The .dfn file also contains callback names. (So it's fortunate that this file was OK). 

To build the .wsp file, I created a new appbuilder project and in this new project I used the appbuilder UI to create 
dummy dialogs and windows for each of the respective files from the corrupt project. 

After saving the new project, I copied the /wgt/* files from the corrupt project over the new dummy files. This gave me 
a new project with all of my widget files, but missing callbacks. (Note that this step may not have been necessary - I 
didn't look at abapp.wsp after the dummy creation step).  

It wasn't clear how to proceed from here, but out of desperation I copied the new abapp.wsp file over the corrupt one 
and tried to load the corrupt project into appbuilder. Low and behold it worked.

Now I can run the appbuilder from eclipse and get back to work.