Documents
Documents
Wiki
Wiki
Discussion Forums
Discussions
Project Information
Project Info
Forum Topic - date utility not working properly on QNX6.4.1 its working fine on QNX6.3.0: (3 Items)

date utility not working properly on QNX6.4.1 its working fine on QNX6.3.0  
I am new to QNX  & during startup i want the system/OS to take time from RTC but thats not happening.Could any one let 
me know how to proceed with this problem.
Re: date utility not working properly on QNX6.4.1 its working fine on QNX6.3.0  
> I am new to QNX  & during startup i want the system/OS to take time from RTC 
> but thats not happening.Could any one let me know how to proceed with this 
> problem.

In startup code provided in bsp main calls ppc_booke_dec_init_qtime() function fromwhere alloc_qtime() is called which 
calls rtc_time() where in the call for the hw_rtc_xxxx.cwhere i do the initialization for i2c &  call calc_time_t.c 
function.....
I understand the flow but i am not able to figure out where the problem is that i am not able to get the correct system 
time by DATE utility.
Re: date utility not working properly on QNX6.4.1 its working fine on QNX6.3.0  
> > I am new to QNX  & during startup i want the system/OS to take time from RTC
>  
> > but thats not happening.Could any one let me know how to proceed with this 
> > problem.
> 
>  In startup code provided in bsp main calls ppc_booke_dec_init_qtime() 
> function fromwhere alloc_qtime() is called which calls rtc_time() where in the
>  call for the hw_rtc_xxxx.cwhere i do the initialization for i2c &  call 
> calc_time_t.c function.....
> I understand the flow but i am not able to figure out where the problem is 
> that i am not able to get the correct system time by DATE utility.

Is there any change in the startup part between QNX 6.3.0 & 6.4.1?
Does the DATE utility work the same on QNX 6.3.0 & QNX 6.4.1.....because the above thing works on QNX 6.3.0 & not on 6.4
.1?