Documents
Documents
Wiki
Wiki
Discussion Forums
Discussions
Project Information
Project Info
Forum Topic - Moving QNX image from SCSI to IDE: (8 Items)

Moving QNX image from SCSI to IDE  
I'm new with QNX, we are trying to build a new computer for a backup of a SCSI hard drive system.  I imaged the QNX 
partition using PQDI, along with the dos partition.  We restored the images to the new computer and then reinstall QNX 
using the install -u option.  On boot, after the "Press esc for alternate OS" prompt it returns with a 'No Adaptors 
found!' error.  if we load qnx on the same machine, clean, it boots fine.  Any ideas?
Re: Moving QNX image from SCSI to IDE  
Hi Dwight,

The error is likely from the SCSI driver that is started in the .boot file.  You will need to rebuild the boot file.  To
 do so read through the docs here:

http://www.qnx.com/developers/docs/qnx_4.25_docs/qnx4/user_guide/buildos.html

Or you can cheat and install the OS cleanly to a new hard disk and then attach your backup one (not SCSI) as a slave 
device.  Boot from the master and then copy the .boot file from the working drive to the drive that is reporting the 
error.  Then remove the clean installed drive and put the backup drive as the master and you should be good from that 
point.

Best regards,

Erick

> I'm new with QNX, we are trying to build a new computer for a backup of a SCSI
>  hard drive system.  I imaged the QNX partition using PQDI, along with the dos
>  partition.  We restored the images to the new computer and then reinstall QNX
>  using the install -u option.  On boot, after the "Press esc for alternate OS"
>  prompt it returns with a 'No Adaptors found!' error.  if we load qnx on the 
> same machine, clean, it boots fine.  Any ideas?

I will try it and let you know, thanx
Erick, I have the master and slave drives installed, what is the command syntax to copy the file from the master to the 
slave?
cp /.boot /slave_mount/.boot 

Thats it ;)

> Erick, I have the master and slave drives installed, what is the command 
> syntax to copy the file from the master to the slave?

i get a can't open destination file, no such file or directory
Gotta go, be back on Tuesday, have a good holiday weekend!
> Gotta go, be back on Tuesday, have a good holiday weekend!

OK, i am able to boot to the "clean" hard drive, but can't seem to access the Slave drive, or I just don't know how to. 
 How do I view the QNX partition on the slave drive after booting from the Master?