Documents
Documents
Wiki
Wiki
Discussion Forums
Discussions
Project Information
Project Info
Forum Topic - QNX 4.25 Custom Widget Question: (7 Items)

QNX 4.25 Custom Widget Question  
I am attempting to create a custom widget that requires two separate selectable button areas.  

Is it possible to create two selectable areas within a custom widget?

If not, would it be possible to create two separate widgets, then create another widget whose purpose is to place the 
previous two widgets onto the screen as a group?

Thanks
Re: QNX 4.25 Custom Widget Question  
Why not just place two PtButton widgets into a PtGroup?
I need the custom widgets to display different images based on the states of several input signals.  I don't think 
PtButtons would supply this functionality. 
If your image is not too "dynamic" (I mean is not a trend graph that updates multiple times per second) you can use the 
PtButton's inheried PtLabel's Pt_ARG_LABEL_IMAGE resource (you will need to set Pt_ARG_LABEL_TYPE to Pt_IMAGE). 
If you have a known number of images/states you can use PhAB's picture modules to store your images in them.
I have about seven attributes (on about 20 different widgets) that can change the appearance of a section of the widget 
and they all act independently of one another which is why I am going the custom widget route.
This is not that many, I would go the picture database route. It will be easy to change images when needed too.
I need the custom widgets to make it easier for others to develop screens, PtButtons are not an option.