Documents
Documents
Wiki
Wiki
Discussion Forums
Discussions
Project Information
Project Info
Forum Topic - QNX 4.25 hard disk image: (3 Items)

QNX 4.25 hard disk image  
Hi all,
I need to do an image of an ide hard disk on which QNX 4.25 is installed. We already tried with Linux dd command but 
with no chance. Can please somebody point me in the right direction !
Any answer/help would be really appreciated....Thanks in advance
Re: QNX 4.25 hard disk image  
Hi Michele,

What do you do with disk image? Which troubles do you experience using dd command? Did you set IDE controller to LBA or 
CHS mode?

Respectfully,
Oleg

18 сент. 2015 г., в 16:39, Michele Faccini <community-noreply@qnx.com> написал:

> Hi all,
> I need to do an image of an ide hard disk on which QNX 4.25 is installed. We already tried with Linux dd command but 
with no chance. Can please somebody point me in the right direction !
> Any answer/help would be really appreciated....Thanks in advance
> 
> 
> 
> _______________________________________________
> 
> QNX4 Community Support
> http://community.qnx.com/sf/go/post114473
> To cancel your subscription to this discussion, please e-mail qnx4-community-unsubscribe@community.qnx.com

Re: QNX 4.25 hard disk image  
Thanks Oleg for your answer.
Actually I'm in vacation so I can't give you precise details. We are having problems with a manufacturing semiconductor 
equipment (resist removal) which has as the main computer a QNX 4.25 OS. Because this Novellus equipment is quite old, 
we suspect that the hard disk or the application installed are not functioning properly any more. We have random SECS 
disconnections. So before doing anything, we planned to do at least an hard disk image. My colleague called me home to 
have some help but nobody of us in fact knows this OS. I found on the web that Ghost supports this kind of file system 
and can be used to do images . As soon as I finish my vacation, I'll let you know how this issue is evolving. 
I thanks you again for your time and answer.